Sync for extensions does not work

Description of the issue:
After enabling the sync chain and turning on “sync everything” on all included devices (desktop, android phone, laptop), the extensions do not sync.

Bookmarks, extension settings, browser settings, history etc. are syncing fine, but the extensions themself are not syncing.

Steps to Reproduce:

  1. Installed the latest version of Brave on Ubuntu LTS (20.04)
  2. Added bookmarks, changed settings, installed extensions etc.
  3. Enabled sync and enabled sync everything.
  4. Installed Brave on my android phone.
  5. Turned on sync (joined to the same sync chain) and enabled sync everything.
  6. Installed Brave on my Ubuntu LTS (20.04) laptop and join to the sync chain, also enabled sync everything.
  7. Extensions do not sync.

Reproduces how often:
Every time I tried to reinstall Brave or/and create a new sync chain.

Brave Version:
Version 1.32.106 Chromium: 96.0.4664.45 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Type of devices currently running on the Sync chain in question:
Linux Dekstop, Linux Laptop, Android Phone, (also tried on Windows Desktop)

Additional Information:
I’ve checked on my brave://sync-internals/ page and there I can see that sync is not picking up my extensions. (NOT to confuse with extension settings, those work fine)

I’ve updated to a new Release V1.32.113 and it started working. I guess I was unlucky to start using brave at the previous buggy version.

1 Like