Annoying lag when using Brave

I’ve been having this issue, where I’m getting this lag when using Brave, on all websites.

If I’m constantly using the keyboard or clicking on links, it doesn’t occur. But if I stop using the keyboard or mouse, even for as little as 10 or so seconds, when I do any action on a website, such as going to click on a link, or use the keyboard, for example, pressing the down arrow key to move down on a web page, there is about a half second or second delay before the action is performed (the web page is moved down after pressing the down arrow key).

Any help would be much appreciated.

It doesn’t occur in Firefox, Chrome, or Edge.

Version 1.47.171 Chromium: 109.0.5414.87 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Hello @cosmicA

Thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear you’re having trouble with Brave. Can you try disabling Hardware Acceleration in settings, to see if this resolves the issue?

You’ll find this in Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration.

Let us know if that works and have a great day!

This does seem to have fixed the issues. However, it does appear to lessen the functionality of the browser. The one website I’ve noticed it on so far is Google maps.

Would very much appreciate finding out about any other possible fixes. Thanks very much.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.