Desktop Browser Lag in Version 1.32.115 Chromium: 96.0.4664.93

Brave updated to Version 1.32.115 Chromium: 96.0.4664.93 (Official Build) (64-bit) today and since the update every action in the browser, including painfully typing this message, lags to the point of wanting to uninstall it. This lag does not exist in Edge, Firefox or Chrome. Long-time Brave user, I run Google translate, Mightytext and Rakuten extensions.

@Throwaway1,
Thank you for reaching out to us.
Can you please tell me which Windows OS you’re using at this time? I’m also curious if the browser lags the same if you launch only a Private browsing window and use it?

Hi Mattches:

My current version is Windows 10 OS version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.1348), no updates currently available.

Launching only a private browsing session doesn’t improve performance.

@Throwaway1,
Thank you. A couple more tests to try here:

1. Does disabling all your extensions make any difference in performance?
  2. Does disabling Hardware Acceleration (Settings --> Additional --> System --> Hardware Acceleration) improve performance?
  3. If nether of the above have any effect, would you be willing to download/install the Beta version of the browser and test to see if performance is the same? Note that installing/running the Beta will not interfere/overwrite any currently existing Brave data – they will run in parallel.
  1. Removing all extensions did not impact performance.
  2. Solved it!
  3. Would you like me to re-enable Hardware Acceleration and download Beta?
1 Like

@Throwaway1,
Not necessary – I think you should be able to browse normally with HWA disabled without noticing any difference (other than the improved performance!). Glad to hear this worked. for you.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your help!

1 Like

@Throwaway1,
You’re very welcome!