Android Mobile Wallet, Cannot Verify Wallet

Briefly describe your issue:
I am using Brave on my Android Device, I have 5 BAT in that wallet. I try to link it to my uphold account (other browsers are linked) and when I click on Uphold it opens my Uphold app and asks me to Reauthorize Brave. When I click on that button a notification badge appears saying something went wrong and does not return me to brave browser.

I tried to uninstall Upholds app and verify through the browser and I received an error that my device limit has been reached… How many devices are we limited to?

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Android Mobile Brave

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
Yes on 2 computers but not on my Android Device.

What date did you verify your wallet?
02/08/2022

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
Yes

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
No

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
Yes

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??
Yes

1 Like

There is a thread here for this topic: https://community.brave.com/t/unable-to-connect-uphold-wallet-in-android-brave-browser/

There are a couple steps some have taken to fix this, while other (such as myself) still have the problem. Good luck!

Exactly, even i was facing the same issue.
So what i did was, i uninstalled uphold, then tried verifying the brave wallet using uphold webpage, not the app, and it got verified immediately. I then installed uphold.

This way i could connect my mobile wallet to uphold.

I tried this and was presented with the device limit error.

Guess you must have reached the limit then, or you must have reset your pc or mobile which led to the loss of one slot.

Is there a way for me to see how many devices are linked and is there a way to remove old devices? That might be the issue as I know I have 3 currently linked and an old laptop that is no longer used.

Can I unlink myself from that device?

Umm, nope, there isn’t any way to see how many devices are connected, and also, if you had any device connected earlier, and now the device is reset, you can’t get back that slot by any manner, there is a fixed slot of 4 devices… even i lost one slot last month and wasn’t knowing about this :frowning:

Well it makes this product useless after a few years then because I am not going to reside on the same OS and unless they fix this problem once I run out of slots and have no devices active I will switch browsers again lol

1 Like

Hahah, true that, hope they find some fix for this :confused:

Try this, it has to be done via support team but seems to work https://community.brave.com/t/unable-to-re-verify-wallet/279742/117
Good luck

Thank You, I have filled out the form and hope to receive a response.

No response yet and it seems I am still at my limit. I guess there is one way around this, collect tokens on devices that are not linked to uphold and then just tip my linked account from those devices. Not sure if this is a violation of rules or not but if there is no way to unlink wallets and I am at my max with a single device in use what other choice do i have?

This actually solved the problem. It was an issue of Uphold then. Thanks.

1 Like

My same problem I’ve been having, well one of the many issues I’ve always having with brave and or uphold

I tried to do a ridiculous work around like that because I’ve had zero luck in the community with resolution. But now I am not even able to log in to my creator account and get my tips, I can’t create a new one I get blocked by error messages saying link is expired, this happens immediately . And none of my devices collect Bat anymore except for on my android phone that I cannot connect . That is also the . Idk what the hell these guys are doing but frustrating to say the least . . . I wanted to edit and ad I’ve lost , just disappeared, no answers to where all my tipped BAT to my creator account went because I never received it, it never showed in the rewards settings, and it instantly deducted from my balance on my android

Which sounds like your account has been flagged. So you’ll have to DM @steeven and @Mattches with your Wallet Info from brave://rewards-internals along with a description of whether you’re even seeing ads and that you’re not getting BAT.

For creator accounts, you’ll need to DM @steeven explaining your concern and provide him with the email associated with the creator account

It shows you just created this account 2 hours ago. I see you mentioned that you’ve been looking through the community for months now, but I’d have thought you’d see that they repeatedly tell people to DM them with the specific information they need.

Also, if you hadn’t noticed while going through the community, you might want to check out the posts/comments I’m linking below:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.