Logged me out and got no credit for Ads for 2 mos

<---------Delete this line and everything above before posting---------->**

My last payout was Dec. 9th. I just checked my account to see if you have been paying me out, and you had me logged out for some reason. I had to go through several new steps in order to reconnect my wallet. This whole time, last 2 months, you were giving my my usual amount of ads, and I never got paid for them because you logged me out. I reconnected my Uphold wallet and it shows only 1 ad for this month. I need someone to look into this, and would like my payout for Jan9th and Feb 9th. Thank you

Using Windows 10 Home Up to Date / Brave is up to date
Version 1.35.101 Chromium: 98.0.4758.87 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no) Yes, it has been for a long while now, but your new bunk logged me out.

What date did you verify your wallet? No clue and I have no clue as to how to tell. Certainly well over a year.

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past? Yes I have received payment

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
No VPN

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes I am in a supported region

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
There’s nothing wrong with my device

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold?? I never ever use auto contribute as I do no follow anyone I would want to contribute to.

Anyone there? Echo cho ho o

Someone please help me. I’m also no longer getting any ads since I had to connect my wallet.

You’ll see if told you only for Android, so if you’re on Windows, that wouldn’t apply to you. Just to be informative, if on Android, doesn’t matter if you thought device was okay or not, if it doesn’t pass SafetyNet then it wouldn’t be able to receive Rewards. However…that looks like it doesn’t apply here, so don’t worry about it.

You basically would have to go to Uphold and check your Profile, it says when you verified. You can also see your Wallet Creation date at brave://rewards-internals/ which is a bit different, but still helpful to know.

Yeah, that happens sometimes in updates, but also just random security thing from Uphold. It’s annoying but just have to check every once in a while.

What steps? It should have just been as simple as you hitting Verify and then signing into your wallet again. I have signed in and out a bunch of times this month just to test things with/for other people. So long as you’re signing in on an existing device, it doesn’t eat your wallet slots or anything. So if you did more steps, this might mean something was done to cause issues OR you had some bigger issue occur beforehand.

So the BAT is/was still in your browser and you were earning BAT?

Sadly, the only ones who can help you will be @Mattches or @steeven and it can take time, especially as we have a lot of other things going on here lately, such as Uphold no longer supporting users from Russia and those users are reaching out to figure out the next step for themselves.

When you contact (send a Direct Message/DM) them, you can reference this post or copy the information over, but overall they just need to know you haven’t received January or February pay. In addition, they will need to have you provide the things below:

• Copy/paste your Wallet ID (found on brave://rewards-internals )
  • Your OS and Brave version (first three lines in brave://version )
  • A screenshot of your Rewards panel in Settings --> Brave Rewards .

What are these Log Errors

@Sarys It’s something we all get. Like here’s mine.

The most direct answer is it’s a log for their purposes only. If they ever request the logs for troubleshooting, then they’ll process. It’s just not something they care to share with us directly on the meaning or how to read it. The only thing said is that it’s nothing that would be causing us any harm. Like I have those same log errors but I’m seeing ads and receiving BAT.

If you pay attention, you’ll notice the ONLY thing in the Logs are Errors. It doesn’t show successful attempts or anything. You’ll also see it often repeatedly sends back to back, the same message. It just shows attempt until it succeeds along with a few other little things they need to know, such as if wallets don’t communicate and all.

A lot of errors eh? My payout and ads were working fine until the browser logged me out. Once I noticed I was no longer getting ads I saw that it had logged me out. I reconnected my wallet, and now I still get nothing. No reason this should happen just because the browser disconnected my wallet. Those errors aren’t there just for looks. It must be showing there is a clear issue with the browser.

@Sarys Not really. I mean, my logs go back to May 2021 and it’s always been the same. Issue here is people who have no idea what things are for are discovering them and then making a lot of assumptions. Error logs exist in everything and just because you don’t regularly see them or understand them doesn’t mean much.

For example, let’s look at my Windows gaming PC that runs smoothly.

Wow, 207 errors in 7 days! And oh no! There’s 380 warnings! That must mean Windows is broken! Clearly an issue with it! That’s why I can’t find a girlfriend on the internet! (okay, yes, bad humor)

There’s a lot of things that go on “under the hood” of everything we do. It’s incredibly easy to let yourself get scared or assume something is going on when it isn’t. For example, when it says trying to get tokens. If you don’t have tokens but it’s requesting it from you, then it’s going to have an error isn’t it? Or if you visit a website that is not a verified creator but your page is trying to load their information…suddenly there’s “publisher not found.” (no, I’m not telling you that’s what it means, but giving a representation)

Getting scared of a msg is one thing. Suddenly not get payout for 2 months and now no ads, and browser kicking out my wallet justifies concern that something is wrong with this bunk.

Agreed, that’s an issue. That’s where they’ve even openly shared some of the things, such as maintenance. At the same time, users have also discovered problems. Like how Gemini shut down Brave integration for maintenance BUT they never sent out notices to anyone, not even Brave.

Or now where we get to put together some puzzle pieces, such as how Uphold has been canceling services in multiple regions.

PSA: Uphold stopping Russia service with a follow-up from me at ATTN Russia Users

Plus in January: Changes to Brave Ads Regional Availability

So it becomes known that there’s been a LOT of fraudulent activity. Think about the money they are losing by shutting down entire countries or regions of MILLIONS of people. Do you think places like Uphold want to turn off sources of income? Yet here they are doing it. Unfortunately Gemini hasn’t been as forthcoming. And for some reason Brave has decided not to tell us too much.

I know I’ve had conversations on the “why” behind them not sharing more, but that’s not something for me to share openly since it was told to me in confidence. What I will say is they’ve been working hard to keep everyone secure, get BAT out, and to weed out a lot of fraudulent users. Everyone who messages them and follows procedures will get things resolved. And, much as quite a few saw this month, they often will make up for inconveniences. This month many people were given up to 2x of the BAT they were owed.

It automatically logs out every once in a while, this is a security feature used by Uphold and Brave. I think someone told me before it’s once every 90 days, but I’m not sure how frequently it happens or even if it’s limited to a particular type of device. I did have to reconnect my Android earlier this month. When I spoke to staff before, they said it doesn’t prevent payment as it’s already connected and that being logged into Uphold in your Rewards menu is only so you can see your balance.

This is essentially confirmed by chriscat, Product Manager (Rewards) in a recent (well, 9 months ago) post on Reddit. You can see that at https://www.reddit.com/r/BATProject/comments/npxzwm/regarding_brave_rewards_and_uphold/

Currently, if you press “disconnect”, you will still be receiving BAT to your Uphold account. All that pressing “Disconnect from Brave Rewards” will do at this time is stop querying your balance from Uphold, and no longer let you make tips from your Uphold account. However, you will still be receiving ads earnings payouts there, as there currently isn’t a way to disconnect your Uphold account from your Brave Wallet ID under the hood.

This is why people have to send Wallet Unlink requests when they hit the limit. If it was easy to “disconnect” so we don’t get payments, it would be done that way too. In order to truly have the wallet removed and unable to send to the custodial wallet, it would have to be done by Brave staff.

I hear you but they can’t give me twice the BAT if they wanted to if my Brave no longer gets any ads since this got messed up. Honestly I only use this browser for the BAT. If it weren’t for that I’d be back on Vivaldi full time. So you know, time is ticking. I mean it was a big selling feature of this browser and if it doesn’t work then what’s a user to do right? Anyway I’m gonna get some sleep. Have a good night.

@Sarys I hear you. Btw, did you ever send a DM to Mattches or Steeven? If not, you need to DM them to let them know you’re having an issue and provide:>

• Copy/paste your Wallet ID (found on brave://rewards-internals )
  • Your OS and Brave version (first three lines in brave://version )
  • A screenshot of your Rewards panel in Settings --> Brave Rewards .

They can take days to weeks to respond and handle it, but right now it’s the only way to completely resolve issues. I mean, I could always try to talk you through things to make sure it’s not in your settings, but I’m going to assume the two combined is that you’ve been one of them that the system flagged and it’s going to take them going in, reviewing activity, and then unflagging on their end in order to get you back to seeing ads and earning BAT

Oh I know, I’ve been through them before. It’s hit or miss, and can take many months to get stuff corrected. I’ll hit them up tomorrow.

@Saoiray out of curiosity what kind of fraudulent activity or users could there be in regards to Brave browser? A bit naive and half asleep perhaps on my part.

@Cryptocode You mean other than people who aren’t in supported regions who are trying to use VPN and all to see ads, even though it’s a violation of the Terms of Use? I don’t want to get into specifics because it might put ideas in the minds of those who read, but there’s also others who are trying to find ways to make ads or BAT appear out of thin air.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.