Android Brave Rewards Ads Feedback Thread

Hi Everyone!

As you likely know, we have launched ads on Android today.

If you have any feedback positive or negative about the Ads specifically, please leave it here.

If you have any feedback for other aspects of Android browsing, Rewards, etc, please find or create an alternative thread for that feedback. We’d like to keep this focused on topic.

Thanks!

17 Likes
  1. Tips not working correctly. I asked several friends to tip from their wallet on Android and they get “something went wrong try again later” with amount deducted from their balance.
  2. Free token grant
    2.1) either stuck for long period of time, loading circle keeps spinning
    2.1) or closed immediately without any notification

Brave 1.1.0, Chromium 75.0.3770.101
Android 7.1.1 E5823 Build/32.4.A.1.54

7 Likes

I was testing tipping 1 BAT on Android. It said there was some problem with tipping. I closed the error message. The BAT vanished from the Grant.

2 Likes

Haven’t seen an ad yet on Android and it has been a while now.

2 Likes

I miss my today’s grand it is not good browser

The ads is not working i didnt get any ads

@kakeyun @Athul111 are you from eligible countries? It’s early access program and it’s not operational worldwide.

@alex FYI, issue 1 reproduced only on 1 first tip after free grant claimed. Issue 2 resolved on some devices with turning off/on Rewards. I assume it’s awaiting some callback from server but due high load or some concurrency bug with threads stuck.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the candid feedback and for following up!

I am checking in with the backend team to see how the load is looking and to give them a heads up that some folks are having some issues with tipping and grants.

2 Likes

Me too i didn’t get any ads and since i updated my app and i lose my bat token

Yes I am. After my post I started to get ads now…although even though I click on some it does not add to my total…I think its still buggy but excited about this awesome feature.

1 Like

hi, 4 BAT were granted in my android, tried to tip and it said something is wrong try again later. After a while, i managed to tip the 3 of the 4 BAT to a youtube channel. the fourth BAT token was vanished. Also , no ads here, propably Greece is not in the eligible countries to receive brave ads yet.

1 Like

I didn’t get any free token grants at all?

Me too 4bat granted to my android but it didn’t add to my wallet

Not bad so far… glad to see it! Will provide any feedback if I run into bugs or issues …

Great job devs!

1 Like

!

It seems to me that a number of people DON’T MIND receiving ads! For me, not wasting time and screen space on advertising was my number one reason for installing Brave Browser in the first place.

I gradually found ways to remove advertising from my life; I haven’t seen or heard any ads since 2012; and I plan to keep it that way. Using Brave Browser is an essential part of that. Please let me know in advance if you are going to change that in the future.

Thanks!

1 Like

Ads are always opt-in. It’s a conscious choice by every user of Brave.

If you don’t want to receive BAT for allowing privacy protecting ads, simply don’t turn it on.

If you don’t want ads, you never have to have them with us. :slight_smile:

1 Like

im not getting any ads at all…im from usa btw

I’m getting ads on 2 android devices. While on one device (Huawei P20 Pro) everything is fine, on the other device (Huawei Mediapad M3) ads are coming up, but when i’m tapping on the ad it’s not switching to brave (which is running in the background) and not opening the content in the browser. after a tap the ad is just disappearing. and it seems like not every ad is counted then.

2 Likes

I did not get any free tokens. And in whole day just received 12 ads, whereas my setting is 5 ads per hour and I used brave browser almost 14 hours.

Thanks.

1 Like