Am I The Only Person With This Issue...? 🤔 (UPDATED 08-19, View Entire Description)

Well, this certainly ought to be an interesting first post here for me, but I still need some help with this issue I have faced before, & I would like some insight & feedback on it, nonetheless. So, without further ado, let’s get to it… :man_shrugging::point_down:

The version of Brave that I have & use on my Windows 11 pc is 1.68.141. (Chromium build: 127.0.6533.120) And just to confirm, my browser IS on the latest, most recent version, meaning it’s up-to-date. Now, for regular browsing, it has been absolutely great, aside from 1 issue, but I’ve yet to know why this keeps coming up. :roll_eyes::man_facepalming::man_shrugging:

So, I actually like to listen to Spotify more commonly through a web browser via their webplayer, rather than using the official app. That’s because the adblocking is absolutely SUPERB doing it this way, & sure, you can use an adblocking extension like AdGuard or whatever, but the adblocking capabilities won’t quite be as good as Brave’s built-in functionality. Plus, I don’t want to bother going with a premium plan, so this is my way around that. The only problem I face is after a while of using it like this, I get an error page like the screenshot below saying Brave has run out of memory, but I find that particularly bizarre, puzzling, AND frustrating all that the same time, because I happen to know that Brave is very efficient when it comes to its resource usage. --Heck, the best browser for that period, convince me otherwise. Unless you think Microsoft Edge “edges” them out better these days… :man_shrugging::smirk:-- Plus, my pc has 16 GB of ram, which is totally fine for browsing if you’re not doing anything too taxing when browsing or whatever, but I’ll still include my pcpartpicker link for you guys just in case any of y’all are curious. Also, I’ve double-checked some of my settings within Brave itself- I don’t have any 3rd-party cookies blocked, nor do I have my adblocking quality set to aggressive, it’s just standard. But I’m going to go nuts here if I don’t figure out what’s going on, cause as good as Brave is, it should NOT be acting like this Unless someone can confirm this somehow, I personally suspect that it might be a bug of some sort, but if it is not, then correct me otherwise. :man_shrugging:

So, with all that being said, I am sincerely hoping somebody here can help me out & determine what the bloody devil is going on here. :disappointed::pray::crossed_fingers: If any of you happen to need more details, or have ANY questions for me about this, don’t hesitate to ask, & I will get back with you! :wink:

UPDATE FOR YOU GUYS: I actually forgot to mention when I made this post that I also tested this same scenario out on my mom’s pc, & that it plays just fine over there, & it does NOT have the same issue. Plus, I recalled that a little over a week ago, I ran the system file checker on MY system, & it said it found some corrupt system files, & managed to successfully repair them. I rebooted once, ran the DISM commands, & then rebooted again, & since then, I haven’t had ANY other instances of corrupt system files come up, but I am not entirely sure if that might be the culprit or not here. But anyway, this updated info ought to help you guys have a better picture of what’s going on here. :man_shrugging:

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help! :+1::clap::clap:

1 Like

@Jennings92,
Thank you for the detailed report.

I’m going to leave this thread open in case the issue occurs again. If it does, please let us know asap.

1 Like

Well, I AM still facing it, so I would very much appreciate it if you pass the word on for me! :man_shrugging::pray::clap::clap:

1 Like

Sorry I misread your post.

How long does it take for Spotify to throw the error on your end?

Can you try creating a fresh profile (Menu --> More tools --> Add new profile), closing your original profile window, logging into Spotify in the new profile and trying to reproduce the issue?

haha That’s okay, man. No one is perfect. :man_shrugging::slightly_smiling_face:

Hm. Well, up until now, I haven’t really ever tried reproducing the issue, but from what I’ve noticed, it happens after at least a few songs, OR if I have it running in the background for a while, & I go back to interact with the windows or what have you. It’s super weird.

1 Like

Can you please try reproduce the issue in a new profile as I mentioned earlier and let me know what happens?

Thank you

I can try that, but is the option I want called “Add new profile”, or “Open Guest Profile”? :thinking:

1 Like

The option I mentioned previously:

1 Like

Oh, okay. I missed it for a sec. :man_facepalming::joy: I’ll try that, & reply later today with an update on the matter. (Hopefully, you’ll still be around & all… :man_shrugging::wink::crossed_fingers:)

@Mattches I managed to add a new profile, & then I logged into the Spotify Web Player, but after having it run in the background for a while, & then popping back in, the same damn issue occurred. :man_shrugging: Ugh, I seriously don’t get this… :disappointed::roll_eyes::man_facepalming:

1 Like

Can you please tell me roughly how long it takes? Additionally, can you please login to Spotify and start playing a song, then open the browser task manager (Menu --> More Tools --> Task Manager) and see how much memory/resources the Spotify tab is taking up?

I tried having it running, (Still with the new profile since I don’t know how to remove it.) but NOT in the background- I merely left the browser fully open instead, while I had a couple other browsers open in Windowed mode. I’m kind of surprised it didn’t happen THIS TIME, but for the times that it has, I haven’t really noticed a specific timeframe; it’s more apt to happen if I simply leave it running in the background & come back to it. Why? I don’t know. :man_shrugging:

Still, to answer your other question, when I viewed my memory via Brave’s built-in Task Manager, it showed I was using about 200,000K, but I don’t even know if it means kilobytes or whatever since it didn’t say. However, hovering over the tab itself revealed 223MB.

Out of curiosity, when this occurs, does it appear as an entry in brave://crashes? I suspect it doesn’t but it’s worth investigating.

@Mattches and @Jennings92 I just want to remind the two of you that this has been an ongoing issue. From what I recall, it’s been replicated on Chrome as well, so likely a chromium issue. That said, Fanboynz did share link to the open chromium issue on it and was asking people to try on Beta or Nightly to see if it still happened there.

Perhaps you could give that a shot, @Jennings92

I’ve considered it, but I’m not really into Beta software anymore , even though I USED to be a few years ago. :man_shrugging: I appreciate the suggestion, though. Still, from what you’re telling me, it seems like others have experienced this issue as well, but not everyone. Plus, I HAVE done this using Chrome & AdGuard, & the experience seems a little more stable doing it that way, but even if you have AdGuard configured properly, it won’t do nearly as good a job at it as Brave will. Just going by what I’ve noticed & experienced.

And speaking of Chromium updates, I kind of wish Brave was a little more quicker & consistent about rolling out updates for the browser on desktop vs on mobile. Its like I ALWAYS seem to get way more updates on Android, while on pc, I’m waiting a while. :confused: It’s not really a big dealbreaker, but it IS something I think they can improve upon a little.

I’m not for sure, but how I check this? :thinking:

You type in brave://crashes as he mentioned. If there are no crashes, it will look like:

If you have crashes, will be more like below:

1 Like

Got it. But it will display past crashes you’ve had, though, right? :thinking:

Correct, it should. It won’t have all crashes as they should erase after being uploaded, somewhere within about 30 days I think. The second screenshot showed a crash that hadn’t been uploaded yet. Once uploaded, would be like below:

That is where Support usually asks people to copy/paste over that way it’s easy for them to also copy it and look it up. The Uploaded Crash Report ID is what they use as a reference to pull from the reports uploaded to their servers. So as you paste in, would be more like:

Crash from Wednesday, August 21, 2024 at 9:46:28 PM

Uploaded Crash Report ID: 2b6a0100-2b40-7c0c-0000-000000000000
Upload Time: Wednesday, August 21, 2024 at 9:46:40 PM

This is what I got. Hope y’all can make a little more sense of it than I can… :man_shrugging::joy: