Address bar disappears

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:
Currently have the address bar at the bottom. When scrolling down (e.g., news article) it disappears. Sometimes it reappears when you scroll up (expected behavior).

Often, it will not reappear unless you scroll all the way to the top of the page. Which takes a long time on long pages (e.g., news articles, shopping websites, etc.). It makes it impossible to change tabs, or navigate forward or backward, without scrolling up the entire page, or force closing brave.

I have not been able to determine what causes it to occur (occurs 60-80% of the time on my device). Not sure if it’s staying on a single page for several minutes (e.g., reading an article, and consecutively scrolling down over time). Or if it’s half far down you scroll (e.g., long article, or long shopping page like Amazon that keeps populating new items). But it is extremely consistent, and a bug that I run into 30 times a day.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Open up web page, e.g., wsj.com
  2. Scroll down on the page
  3. Spend some time in the same spot, then try to scroll up to bring the address bar back

Expected result:
The address bar should reappear, without having to scroll all the way to the top of the page.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Brave 1.57.60, Chromium 116.0.5845.163

Mobile Device details
Pixel 7 pro with the August security and Play Store updates (problem has been longstanding).

Additional Information:
This happens on every web page. It’s very frustrating. Even just adding a settings option to prevent the address bar from disappearing would be great. I’d rather lose screen real estate, than lose the ability to navigate.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.