Description of the issue: I recently installed the latest version of Brave. I added the AuthNegotiateAllowList string value into the registry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\BraveSoftware\Brave, but the value is neither taking effect nor showing up under brave://policy/.
How can this issue be reproduced?
- Open regedit as an administrative user.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies. If the BraveSoftware key does not exist under Policies, create it. If the the Brave key doesn’t exist under BraveSoftware, create it.
- Under the Brave key, add a string value. Name: AuthNegotiateDelegateAllowlist. Value should be an asterisk (“*”).
- Exit the browser and open it up again.
Expected result: You should see the policy listed under brave://policy/ and kerberos authentication should work on a double-hop connection.
Brave Version( check
About Brave): v1.52.122
Additional Information: The registry path and keyname listed above are those referenced in the brave.reg example in the policy_templates.zip linked at https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039248271-Group-Policy.
You can just click the reload policies button, you don’t need to restart the browser, which sometimes doesn’t restart properly, unless you use
But, anyway, It works fine on Nightly, for both, Machine and User.
I clicked Reload several times, but nothing happened. I can see the policy in question when I tick Show Policies with no value set, and it really is not set. What further testing can I do to resolve this?
All you can do is make sure the paths for the keys and the value are set correctly and the keys are pointing where they are supposed to be pointing, because that’s the only thing that can explain this.
Did you try adding another policy like TorDisabled and see if it doesn’t work as well?
I use 3rd party registry editors so to me it is easier to edit and do registry stuff, like Registry-Finder, you can just paste
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\BraveSoftware\Brave and it will ask to create the whole thing or go to nearest, and RegCool can cut and paste registry data and also has snapshot feature and all that. But RegEdit shouldn’t make it too bad with latest updates.
I even created a random key and it displays in the policies.
I don’t have stable installed, but I tested it in another computer and it worked fine, just as in my computer.
In that computer I even used the zipped Brave version with
--user-data-dir= to set the user data in the same folder as a Standalone version and it read the policies fine.
I had a spare space at the end of one of my keys. No wonder it didn’t work. Thanks for the help!
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.