Add Mac to Sync Chain

Description of the issue:
Browser does not respond after entering sync code from iPhone and clicking ‘confirm sync code’

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
Open Sync menu in iOS, select add device, select desktop, type provided code into Macbook browser in the Sync settings menu

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Noting happens after clicking the confirm sync code, it seems to not recognise that it has been clicked.

Expected result:
Be able to add my macbook to existing sync chain between imac and iphone.

Reproduces how often:
Every time.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
macOS Mojave - Version 0.69.132 Chromium: 77.0.3865.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

I have tried closing the browser on both devices, and then re-attempting it. This did not resolve the issue.

@girafwasher,
Just to clarify – the Sync chain you’re trying to add your Macbook to already exists on your iOS device, correct? So you’re trying to Sync mobile --> Desktop ?

Yes, my iPhone and iMac are already synced together, and I’m trying to add a third device to the chain (MacBook).

I was using my mobile device to get the code and then entering it on the MacBook I’m trying to add to the chain.

Thanks

@girafwasher,
Can you try using the Sync code found on your iMac instead of your iPhone to add your macbook to the sync chain?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.