About the Brave Feature Requests category

Request features you would like to see implemented in Brave.

Feature Requests Posting Guidelines

Topics that belong in this section:
Posts in this category should be specific to implementing desired features that would improve Brave Browser as a product. If you have an opinion or general feedback on the browser , please post it in the Feedback category.

What to include in your request:
While you can format and submit your feature request any way you’d like, we encourage users to be detailed and to state your case for “why” the feature you’re requesting should be added.

Please do not make demands and be respectful to other users requests/suggestions . Additionally, just because a feature is highly requested does not mean that it will be implemented, regardless of vote count, views or any other metric.

Search for Duplicates
Given the amount of reports/request we get each day, there’s a good chance that someone else may have raised the issue with us already or may have been resolved. Before posting, use the search bar on the top-right corner of the website to see if other users have raised the same concern.
Note: The search is pretty good - good use of keywords (pertaining to your issue) and sorting the results by “latest” is generally a good way to start your search.

8 Likes

How do we “vote” for a feature requested by someone else? Reply to the topic, or is “hearting” it enough?

5 Likes

Is there a more objective or data-driven way to assess the most popular feature requests? A poll or something?

You could re-run a new poll regularly as features are implemented or if the winds change and a feature request loses popularity.

3 Likes

Hello Brave Feature Request subscribers!

Please consider a feature request that would allow a user to turn on/off extensions from the Brave Browser Bar. Basically an option for leaving a grayed out icon for an extension on the browser bar when the extension is turned off so the extension can be quickly turned on and off as needed by the user to maximize the processing efficiency of the Brave browser and to allow the user to turn extensions on and off more quickly without having to navigate all the the way to each extension under the manage extensions area for each extension that might need to be turned on at any given time. If you like the idea, please love (heart) this comment and anyone can feel welcome to message me anytime as well.

2 Likes

Hello Brave Feature Requests subscribers,

This idea is more of a Brave Community idea than a Brave Browser idea but does involve BAT as well. Basically the feature request would allow Brave Community subscribers, who are also Brave Browser users, to “like” any particular Brave Feature Request items by submitting BAT into a pool of BAT to incentivize the developement of a specific idea and thereby allowing Brave users to literally invest BAT tokens towards the developement of any particular Brave Feature Request while granting some incentive for Brave developers to work towards any incentivized goals that also are a reflection of the most genuine desired interests of Brave Browser users. The BAT pool would of course be established such as to allow the Brave developers working towards a specific goal to be rewarded with the BAT from that BAT pool. A cycle such as this might even drive further growth of the Brave community of Brave users as users are able to more effectively express to Brave developers their most genuine interests in a some what prioritized fashion. Not to get to Ozzy Ozbourne here but let us Brave Users put our BAT where are mouth is… If you like the idea, please love (heart) this comment and anyone can feel welcome to message me anytime as well. Go Brave!

AUserName

4 Likes

I actually like this idea a lot. * throws BAT at it *

2 Likes

Would love to be able to utilize a Brave search engine and email! Love all that you guys are about. Anyway to get notified if these features become available?

Hello I cannot find any reference to what I would like to see so what I would like to see from a purely personal perspective is the search bar being situated in he middle of the new tab page a bit like what Google Chrome presents a new tab screen. I myself find it rather awkward to use with the search bar being at the top of the new tab page and is not terribly distinctive and user friendly.
Just a suggestion.