YouTube videos will not play. Stuck on Pause FOLLOW UP

Original Post: YouTube videos will not play. Stuck on Pause

Description of Issue: The solution for my last post was to create a new user profile and to restart my machine. Since then It appears that the solution isn’t the new user profile, but restarting my machine. Every day when I turn my computer on and open Brave YouTube doesn’t work. But when I restart my machine YouTube suddenly works.

It’s as if shutting my computer down disables Brave’s YouTube abilities, but restarting it fixes it.

So every day I have to turn my computer on then immediately restart it.

@ProperSauce

Could you please check whether disabling brave://flags/#brave-ephemeral-storage resolves your issue?

There are ongoing issues with the aforementioned flag, and although I don’t know whether your issue is related to it, testing with disabled flag won’t hurt.

Change flag’s state back to Default if you don’t see a difference after disabling the flag.

Could you please check whether disabling brave://flags/#brave-ephemeral-storage resolves your issue?

Didn’t work :confused:

YouTube video playback also does not work in Microsoft Edge

Change brave://flags/#brave-ephemeral-storage back to Default.

It could be an issue related to Chromium as both Brave and Microsoft Edge are based on Chromium.

Seeing it not work in Microsoft Edge made me think it was a problem with windows. I searched and found this article. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-wont-play-until-i-restart-the-windows-audio/cafaad32-997f-4212-a485-301eae7a0861

I ran the windows audio troubleshooter and it updated my audio driver and videos started playing. Going to try shutting down and turning on to see if I still get the issue.

EDIT: That appears to have fixed this issue. It was an issue with my audio drivers not Brave. Thanks for the help though!!

1 Like

Glad the issue is resolved :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.