YouTube signed me out of all my accounts

Hi,

I just chatted with Google support, all my YouTube accounts are totally fine. When I use Google Chrome, I can log into all my YouTube accounts no problem. But with Brave, not only am I not able to log into any of my YouTube accounts, but it takes me to this page (image attached). It says each account has been suspended. Which I know is false because I just chatted with Google/YouTube support and they said all my accounts are fine. So what’s the deal Brave team?

Thanks

@DiscoDreamcast shouldn’t be much going on with it. Guess let me ask you first:

• Which version of Brave are you using?

• Are you using extensions?

• Have you tried in a private window to see if it does the same thing?

• Have you tried creating a new browser profile to see if it occurs there?

• Are you using a VPN or proxy? If so, does toggling it make a difference?

Brave version 1.52.117

Ok So I went in a private Brave window and was able to login to YouTube. I’m not paying for/ using a VPN at the moment. And I made a new Brave browser profile and also was able to login to YouTube :+1: Should I just use my new Brave profile (korgprophecy7)?

Thanks, your advice worked

@DiscoDreamcast,
I suspect this was caused by an issue with an installed extension or some sort of cache data mishap. Can you please try both solutions below on your main profile and see if it makes any difference?

1. Try disabling your extensions and logging into Youtube and test to see if it works and that you stay logged in. If so, re-enable your extensions one at a time until you find the offending extension
  2. Try visiting Youtube.com, click the Lock icon in the address bar, then Site settings —> Clear data. Make sure you refresh the youtube page then try logging in again.

Hope this helps

Thank you for your reply.

So I followed your instructions, disabled all the extensions. But YouTube still wasn’t allowing me to sign-in. Then I did YouTube.com > Lock > Site Settings > Clear data. Still didn’t allow me to login.

I then decided to sign out of all my YouTube/ Google accounts. And that worked!

The problem was that one of my other accounts was set as the default Google account. So I re-signed into my primary account and everything works now.

I watched a video that said to sign out of all your accounts and then re-sign in with your main account to make that your default account.

Now I’m remembering, when I was starting a new YouTube channel a year ago, I was experimenting with different names. And I uploaded the same video I made to two different accounts. I didn’t realize, but YouTube thought I was taking someone else’s video. But really it was my same video uploaded twice to different channels. Anyways, YouTube didn’t like that very much so they banned both of my new channels. Lol.

One of the accounts that was banned by YouTube was accidentally set as my default.

Hopefully this post can help others that deal with this in the future.

Thank you for helping me Brave team!!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.