Youtube showing ads again

I searched if anyone recently create this topic but I couldn’t find anyone so I decided to create new topic. Youtube started showing ads again even if I had shield on. It’s a known issue and I think it needs to be fixed.

I’m on windows using version
Version 1.21.73 Chromium: 89.0.4389.72 (Official Build) (64-bit)

3 Likes

You are not alone, same issue on MacOS Big Sur 11.2.2:

• Version 1.21.73 Chromium: 89.0.4389.72 (Official Build) (arm64)
1 Like

Mine too, It had been fine for months, now they are back and i can’t seem to turn off scripts for the site anymore.
if i click the button it reloads the site but stays in the off position.

I have same issue… Do not know exactly why but it seems that YouTube is still trying to show ads :frowning:
Also, I have the shields on ”Aggressive” mode, but it still shows a kind of ads

Same issue here. macOS Big Sur. Ads on YouTube and eBay extremely slow again. Everything was perfect for quite some time until this latest update…

Is there a way to downgrade Brave?

I don’t think this has anything to do with the brave version, this is a fight between youtube developers and brave developers :grin:

1 Like

That’s possible. But I’m having the same issues I used to have in older builds of Brave on other sites too, so it doesn’t feel like it’s entirely a YouTube issue.

Just a heads up, we’re investigating this issue @esotericsean @JohnDproof @Andrei.T @pod3r @SlyOwlbeard @tilko

related https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/14073 & https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/14483

Update:
New release of Brave 1.21.74 should fix this, just update brave://settings/help and restart

5 Likes

Brilliant, I have updated. No ad straight away which is a good sign, i will update late today if I get any ads.
thank you

1 Like

Hei. It was good a couple of days but now I’m getting those blank white page with button skip ad. I don’t know why it’s showing, it get rid of other ads tho…

Try clearing the cookies and cache, relogin ?

i have the same problem with ads on youtube…macos big sur…

still getting sometimes blank white ad for option to skip it… anyone else?

Again in this new version, i have ads on youtube…macos big sur…

I did that and nothing’s changed…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.