YouTube ads are showing again

YouTube is showing ads even though I have brave shields up.
Steps to reproduce

1. Open brave
  2. Go to YouTube or YouTube music web app
  3. Receive ads

Brave Version: Version 1.21.73 Chromium: 89.0.4389.72 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
I didn’t have this issue before Brave always blocked ads on YouTube but today when I opened YouTube or YouTube music I received ads.
I didn’t change anything on my pc or Brave.

Same issue on pc, on the latest public release and the nightly build

I got ruffly the same. The add doesn’t show, but a white block is shown and I have to klick to get to the video (or wait the time the add would have taken).

Post pics of your shield settings on that site. Ads are naturally a continuous battle on some sites, and mileage between users varies for loads of reasons.

My general views on ads and Brave are; although certain people work hard which is much appreciated; Brave’s adblocking ability and functionality just doesnt stand up to uBlock Origin on desktop or AdGuard on mobile.

Appears that Google is testing a new ad system to YouTube and YouTube Music. This issue also appears in others that have different adblockers…
Currently also appears to be a test, and not everyone is seing the ads - maybe depending on the country?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.