Youtube progress bar

Description of the issue: Youtube tracks your progress of a video with a small red bar. Once you leave the video you can tell how much or how far you watched a video by this bar on the thumbnail. I cannot get it to display in Brave, and the other two threads asking about this link link to this thread “Youtube not saving video progress”. There is no solution listed.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3. Open YT, click a video. Next time that video is in a thumbnail it appears as if never watched. If you click it again, it starts at the beginning.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!): Video starts at the beginning.

Expected result: Video starts where you left off.

Reproduces how often: Every time.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu): Windows 10, [Version 1.14.84 Chromium: 85.0.4183.121 (Official Build) (64-bit)]

Please help me figure out how to do this, its becoming extremely frustrating. I have completely disabled the shield for all of youtube with no help.

@valkyrie,
Do you have Autoplay disabled for the site by chance? I believe this may play a part in the progress bar displaying on the thumbnail.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.