Youtube Notification Bell Not Displaying With Shields Up on Latest Version

Description of the issue: Notification bell on Youtube does not display on Brave Version 1.28.105 with shields up

1. Go to https://www.youtube.com/ with shields up
  2. Click notification bell, nothing displays
  3. Turn shields off, bell display now works

Exact URL of the website in question: https://www.youtube.com/

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? (yes/no) Yes

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off? Yes

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no):

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome? Yes

Brave version (check About Brave): Version 1.28.105 Chromium: 92.0.4515.131 (Official Build) (64-bit)

8 Likes

I had the same issue as well. Tried to install the latest browser and the problem persisted.

My anecdotes are the same as above.

3 Likes

Its correct for me:

I too am using the latest version of Brave.
Also, just as confirmation, you did Subscribe to the Channel before trying to turn on the notifs right?

2 Likes

Investigating, seems to be unrelated to the other youtube issue (re: notification popup)

1 Like

Hi,
non of these button works for me

youtubne image

Version 1.28.105 Chromium: 92.0.4515.131 (Official Build) (64-bit)

3 Likes

@hutchnd

Open brave://adblock and add youtube.com#@#.ytd-popup-container under Custom Filters.

2 Likes

thanks but not working, :frowning:

1 Like

this is the exact same thing that is happening to me

2 Likes

Open brave://adblock and add youtube.com#@#.ytd-popup-container in the Custom Filters textbox.

1 Like

Does not work, because it is a different issue.

1 Like

@hutchnd’s issue is the one the custom filter resolves. For some reason the custom filter doesn’t work all the time, refreshing YouTube a couple of times might be needed.

1 Like

Bug confirmed.
My temporary workaround: Using another browser (e.g. Opera) for youtu.be

4 Likes

I am also Having Same Problem in Youtube
you cannot
1.See Notifications
2.Unscubscribe
3.Save a Video to Playlist
and Many more Processing: (1) YouTube - Brave 2021-08-12 20-45-19.mp4…

Pls Fix it as Turning off Shields Gives me toooooooooo many Ads on youtube

If this Problem Persists People will stop using brave and Shift to other ad blocking browsers and i dont want it as i am using it From 3 years have Blocked 2 Million Trackers and Ads . Having an Emotional Attachment with the Browser

I created my Brave account Today Because of This issue and found the Discussion on top

Pls Pls Fix it

4 Likes

Thanks But Not Working
Happening Since the Latest Update Today

2 Likes

Will install Opera Again if Issue not Fixed

2 Likes

It is also impossible to change accounts, or to consult your dashboard on youtube.

1 Like

Okay so for anyone here experiencing this, can you please provide the following information for me:

• What OS and Brave version are you using?
  • If you go to youtube.com in a private window do you get the same results?
  • Did Shields up/down make a difference for you?
  • Do you have any extensions installed? If so, does disabling them make any difference?

I personally do not have see this issue on macOS, Windows, iOS or Android, so the more details/information we can get the better.

2 Likes

Win 10 64 Bit [
Version 1.28.105 Chromium: 92.0.4515.131 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Having Eversync, I dont care about cookies and Video DOwnload Helper installed as extensions, disabling makes no difference.

Also, Brave suddendly takes 3 Minutes until I can start it up in windows. No reaction when I click onto its icon. No other program is unresponsive. This is other wise a blazing fast machine.

With shields off, Youtube loads fine.

Considering going back to firefox, never ever had such issues.

1 Like

Hi Mattches! Thanks for all the work you guys do as usual.

1. Windows10, Version 1.28.105 Chromium: 92.0.4515.131 (Official Build) (64-bit).
  2. Yes, same results in private.
  3. Issue only present when Shields is up (including private).
  4. 0 extensions installed.

Hope this issue is rectified soon!

1 Like

Hello Sir
We are talking about Brave Desktop

1. I am using Windows 10 , and Brave Version is the Latest 11 August Update
  2. Yes sir it makes no difference , The problems still persist . Are you also talking about a tor window ?
  3. Yes Everything starts working Properly , but Turning off Brave Shields also allows Youtube ads which Which is veryyyyyyyy much annoying
  4. No sir the Problem Still Persists

Hope you Fix it Soon

1 Like