Youtube keeps prompting me to "Play current video to Chromecast™?"

Description of the issue:
Youtube keeps prompting me to "Play current video to Chromecast™? Every youtube video I attempt to play results in this message appearing.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Navigate to any youtube.com video
  2. The popup appears immediately
  3. The popup will not return unless I refresh the page

Expected result:
Nothing
Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.23.73 Chromium: 90.0.4430.85 (Official Build) (arm64)

Additional Information:
Computer is Mac M1

@jmev,
Thanks for reaching out to us.
Can you share a screenshot of the prompt that you are referring to so I can get a better idea of what you’re seeing?

Sure, here is a screen shot. It pops up as soon as I open youtube.com and every time I hit refresh.

image.png

1 Like

Just a guess, brave://settings/extensions disable Media Router

Failing that, try a clean profile, does it show there?

@fanboynz,
I think disabling Media router would work for sure but regardless they shouldn’t be seeing this message even with it on. Plus if they disable then if they do want to cast it’ll have to be re-enabled.

It seems that was already set to that:

I’m not sure what you mean by a clean profile.

1 Like

@jmev,
Out of curiosity, if you enable the Media router setting, do you get the same behavior?

That made no difference. Shouldn’t there just be a button somewhere that I can click to start chrome casting if and only if I want to do this?

@jmev,
I have personally never seen this prompt before, so I honestly don’t know what is causing it. Can you please try creating a new, temporary browser profile and see if you get the same results when using the new profile? Ensure you only have the one browser window with the new profile open when performing this test.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.