Description of the issue:
- I need to know whether I’m on “example.com” or “www.example.com” by looking at the address bar and seeing the full URL. These are two different addresses.
- Brave has adopted Google’s policy of trivializing the distinction between “example.com” and “www.example.com”.
- Brave has adopted Google’s policy of hiding the settings that allow the address bar to show the full URL.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Visit a “www” subdomain. → The address bar does not show “www”.
- Visit chrome://flags to re-enable displaying “trivial” subdomains. → There are no settings to do this. The settings have been removed.
Operating System and Brave Version:
OS: Windows 10
Brave: Version 1.1.20 Chromium: 79.0.3945.74 (Official Build) (64-bit)