[Wont fix/have] Tabs aren't showing in bottom as expected [Unsolved ]

Tabs at bottom not showing

1. Have installed latest Brave for Android.
  2. Tabs at bottom aren’t showing there.
  3. Have re-installed, still no change.

Brave Version 1.0.88

Mobile Device Nexus 7 Build/MOB30X

Android 6.0.1

190324 - am i the only one with similar issue?

Same here. Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, Android 7. Nothing at all at the bottom of the screen.

Hello,
Try scrolling your finger in a downward motion on the screen, and you should see it on the bottom of the screen. They do not have it on the top of the screen anymore, like before.
That is what works for me!

I hope this helped you with your problem.

Enjoy

Did try, but all i get is refresh at best.

Would it be somewhere in chrome://flags?

Same here,have page tabs, addres bar and so on at top of screen, nothing at bottom. A little hard to comment further be c ause I do not know what I should be getting.

@danielson @SparkyCamel can you update to latest version? There should be an option to enable bottom bar.

1 Like

Something is missing.

1 Like

cc @Serg @Mattches @sriram since I’m not sure if bottom bar support is available for tablet.

1 Like

Tablets behaviour is different. Bottom bar is not going to work on Tablets because of the screen size. As of now the bottom/top bar behaviour and option is only for Mobile devices. Anything above 6-inch display(typically classified as tablets) would not have this option.

2 Likes

@sriram,
Thanks for clearing that up – I actually wasn’t aware of that.

Is this a company decision or material limitation?
Maybe it should be specifically stated on Brave blog?

Alternatives?
How about a peek at Opera’s way of handling itself in my 7" tablet case scenario?

Any device classified as Tablet wont have bottoms bar. Its the default behaviour same as Chrome.

Its a customization option that Opera provides to use the app in either tablet mode or Phone mode. Currently no such option on Brave unfortunately. Tablet app is to be more like Desktop than mobile.

Closing the thread as this is something that wont be implemented unless there is a huge community request.

1 Like

If you are interested in seeing an implementation of this in Brave, leave a feature request here on Community and/or on our Github page. State your case, and rally others who feel the same way.