Missing tab list function on an Android Tablet - Any help appreciated!

Description of the issue: A couple days back I was met with a few crashes and sluggishness from the browser so I decided to reinstall the browser. However, once I had redownloaded I was missing the option for a tab preview or to view the list of my currently open tabs. The button to do so was previously located on the upper toolbar, now I can’t find anyway to have an overview on my tabs.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.20.108

Mobile Device details
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1/SM-T580
Android Version 8.1.0
Additional Information:
I haven’t seen anyone else on the site with a similiar issue so I really hope this can be resolved, as I am quite an avid user of this browser and it is quite bothersome to not be able to see a detailed list of what tabs I have open. Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

@Snake1,
Thank you for reaching out to us.
To confirm, are you saying that this button itself no longer appears for you Or am I misinterpreting the issue?

Hi, thanks for the quick response. You aren’t misinterpreting the issue, I don’t have a lower toolbar whatsoever or the tab overview button on my upper toolbar either. I’ve looked at other topics detailing how to turn on the lower toolbar but those options are just missing or not accessible to me. Also I may be a bit late for my next reply so apologies in advance.

Here’s a picture of what it looks like before I get off for the day. Hope this helps illustrate my problem.

@Snake1,
Thank you for confirming and apologies for the late reply.
Can you please try going to Menu --> Settings --> Appearance --> Enable Bottom Toolbar and toggle this option “on”? Note that you’ll have to relaunch the browser before the changes take effect.

@Mattches Hi again, no problem regarding the late reply, I had sort of forgotten about this as well. But regarding my issue, I went into the appearance option menu but was only met with three options, none of which related to the bottom toolbar. I’ve got an image of what I see down below. I’ve also checked to see if there was an update currently available that I was missing from the app store but that unfortunately isn’t the case.

@Snake1.
Apologies for the late reply. It appears that this functionality (tab list) is actually not available on your device, given that it is a tablet. With tablet devices, I believe Brave runs more like it is in “desktop mode” rather than on a mobile device (I’m not sure why this is the case but I do think that it’s intentional – will dig into it). As such, since you can see all your tabs at the top of the browser, the “tab list” function is not needed.

Hmm, but on what was I think an older version of the browser, it did have a tab list function. Honestly a very strange choice on Brave Developers’ part to remove it, in my opinion. Wish there was a feasible way to use older versions of the browser. At most I can only see 3-4 tabs at a time and have to swipe to find others and even then it doesn’t display the tab’s full names, really not great for what I use the browser for but I suppose I’ll have to make do or find an alternative. Thanks for all the support and help so far even if it hasn’t amounted to much, it really has been a pleasant experience even more so when compared to previous interactions I’ve had with other Platform and Product’s support teams. If there isn’t any solution, I’ll likely keep using this browser just for different purposes and find a new one to do the rest. If there is a solution I hope you can keep me posted, if possible. Thanks again.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.