šŸ‘ With Latest Update, Brave Sidebar is distracting me to Add Assistant. Please revert this sidebar behavior

Description of the issue:

I was testing overall performance of how brave is performing in vm and its actually very Great but i find the sidebar behavior to be strangeā€¦ Im not sure whether this is a bug or this move is intentional ?

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Visit a site that you have not yet pinned to sidebar
  2. Click the + icon on the sidebar for the site to be pinned to taskbar and in case you already removed assistant from sidebar, brave keeps showing you to add it and wont stop showing it unless you add itā€¦ this is not cool

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:
Assistant is added temporarily but this behavior should be present even while the Assistant is removed from sidebar

Reproduces how often:
All the time if Assistant is removed from sidebar

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

Windows 11 Supernova 23H2
Brave Version v1.60.118

@scavxo what seems to be the problem? Anything that has been deleted/removed from the sidebar will be shown in the Add To area. This is to give you the option to add it once more to the sidebar.

For example, hereā€™s mine below. I deleted Brave Wallet and Bookmarks from the sidebar. When I click on the + it shows those as options, should I wish to add them to the sidebar again. Itā€™s not like it pops up by itself or is doing anything annoying. Itā€™s just a toggle thereā€¦

yes, but if it was just removed from sidebar a few moments ago and you attempt to add a new site to sidebar, the proposal of having this shown on the popup all the time/everytime directly indicates that brave team is keen on wanting to have some specific features pinned to sidebar even though user is not interested and attempted to let the software know that they dont need these featuresā€¦

This is not a major problem but this is just not user friendly design in my opinion

This was also the same case with these two issues which is currently going onā€¦

Brave is still a very great browser but i think they are slowly taking away the flexibility away from the end user. I feel like Brave is having more control over the ui elements/aspects than the end user who is using the software.

This is only beginning of we start seeing issues like this, only future will tell how brave will be in the end of next 5 years while it has 350 million daily active users.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.