Why am I logged out of everything when I close the browser?

Description of the issue:

I am one of the users who have multiple tabs opened at all times (currently 75, but the number varies). Each time I turn off my laptop, or close down Brave browser, I am logged out of everything and all the favicons show a gray Earth image. It is annoying and time consuming to click each tab and log in again where I need to. I don’t have much time left in my life and definitely I don’t want to spend the time I have left fixing Brave’s bugs. Yes, I have tried the ctrl+shift+del and I deactivated all that I could there, and it is still doing it. This is enough reason to quit using Brave and move on to another browser.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
Step 1: Click on the X to close the Brave browser
Step 2: Double click on the Brave browser icon on my desktop
Step 3: Getting pissed-off to see that AGAIN Brave browser logged me out of everything
Step 4: Taking pills for my blood pressure which just hit the roof
Step 5-75: Click click click each tab, and logging in wherever I need to.
Step 76: Cussing the devs for making me lose another 30-40 minutes.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:
STOP logging me out of everything each time I’m shutting down the computer and /or browser

**Reproduces how often:
Each time I’m shutting down the computer and /or browser

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

Windows 10 / 1.43.89

Additional Information:

@Cristiana

• What are your Shield settings? Do you have it blocking cookies?

• Normally I’d make sure you don’t have anything selected to clear on exit, but it looks like you said you tried it. I will just confirm, you unselected everything on all tabs when it opens up? Or at least the On Exit part?

• I’ve noticed you have a lot of extensions. If you disable all of them and try the process, does it still happen? Guess wondering if one of them might be doing it somehow.

Hi

I have disabled all extensions… It does the same.

Here are my Shield settings:

In the Clear browsing data tab, I have nothing selected. In the Advanced and Basic tabs, I only have “Cached images and files selected” because it wouldn’t let me deselect all.

What else should I try?

Thank you

Tiana

Usually only other thing that I’ve seen people suggest in troubleshooting is to try it with a New Profile. You could try it but I’m assuming no difference. Uncertain if any program on your computer would be causing an issue.

At this point, is where I tend to tag someone like @Mattches from Brave who knows a lot or I see if one of the active Users here, like @JimB1, who has a lot more knowledge and experience might be able to hop in and have some ideas.

FYI: I linked topic as a comment at Brave GitHub in the following issue report:

Please let me know if this is not related and I will delete comment.

Thank you, but in my case I’m being logged out of ALL services: gmail, facebook, upwork, canva, the sites i’m administrating, the e-shops where I have products in the cart, netflix, dropbox and so on.

@Cristiana That issue report tracks the problem. Even though the title has “some services”, it is for reporting any issues related to services being logged out when they shouldn’t. I will edit the comment and quote you to indicate that you are experiencing the issue with “all” services and not just “some”. This will help the devs when trying to pin down the cause.

Thank you so very much :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Cristiana,
Circling back to @Saoiray’s comment here:

Normally I’d make sure you don’t have anything selected to clear on exit, but it looks like you said you tried it. I will just confirm, you unselected everything on all tabs when it opens up? Or at least the On Exit part?

You stated that you had nothing selected for Basic and Advanced, but there is also an On exit tab on that same window — can you please double check that you have nothing selected there?

In the Basic and the Advanced tabs, I only have “Cached images and files selected” because it wouldn’t let me deselect them all. In the On exit tab, I have nothing selected.

Could your system be running low on disk space?

Do you have any security, privacy, or ‘cleaner’ software installed on your system? e.g., Avast, CCleaner, anything like that?

Nope on all your questions. Thank you for all the efforts though, but this is taking too long to fix and, as I said, I’m running out of time. It would be a lot easier for me to transfer everything to Chrome or FireFox.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.