Brave keeps logging me out after closing the browser

Hello I keep getting Logged out of sites after i shut the browser down. I have all the boxes unchecked on exit in security settings. Its frustrating to keep having to login into sites. Im using the latest windows 10.

1 Like

Hello @A_USER

the cause could be one of those

1. go to brave://settings/clearBrowserData and do not check any thing on exit (which you said you did but double check it )

2. go to brave://settings/cookies and make sure you unchecked Clear cookies and site data when you close all windows

3)do you use private mode which would log you out once you close the tab

1. do you have any extension could be the issue so try to disable all of them and see if it help

2. do you have any cache / temporary clearing app on your computer

hope that help and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Thanks. I tried everything you said and still same result :frowning:

what is your brave version ? go to the menu then choose about brave

@A_USER ,

Given that you β€œtried everything,” the probability is higher, that the website(s) chose/choose to close the Signed In session(s).

Especially since, more websites have become more particular/sensitive about a Signed In session maintaining a reliable connection – between website servers and your Internet browser – from the perspective of the website.

When you abandon such a reliable connection, you thereby abandon the Signed In status.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.