Where is the option to automatically dump history and cookies at exit?

Description of the issue: I can’t find a setting to automatically dump cookies and browsing history at exit. So far all I see is a manual option.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3. 1. Open the menu. 2. Select Settings 3. Scroll down and open advanced. 4. Last option in Privacy and Security is ‘Clear Browsing Data’. 5. Opening this menu gives 2 options, Basic & Advanced. Both require you to make a selection(s) and click Clear. There is no option to automatically clear all upon exiting the browser. Wasn’t this an option in the earlier version?

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!): This feature works as designed. The option I’m looking for seems to be missing in the current version or I just don’t know where to look for it.

Expected result: I expect to see a setting for automatically clearing all browsing data upon exiting the browser.

Reproduces how often: every time.

Brave Version(about:brave): Version 0.58.16 Chromium: 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Reproducible on current live release (yes/no): Yes

Additional Information: I think that’s all.

1 Like

Hi @Cindy,
Thanks for reaching out. Please do search for existing thread first. You’ll found many similar threads in this forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

The new Brave not yet implement it. We’ve an issue logged for this here https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/492

Thanks
:slightly_smiling_face:

Use private windows instead. It’s made for that.

1 Like

Thank you. This is very helpful.

Cindy

1 Like

Thank you Pat-San. That works.

Cindy