The current PC version of Brave Browser does not have one, though I still am wishing for one soon.
Very very soon – not sure if I am allowed to tell you exactly when but it’s probably much closer than you think
Developers are actively working on introducing VPN on desktop and Android. You can track their progress in the Github ticket below:
09:19PM - 12 May 21 UTC
Overall goal is to implement a VPN manager within Brave that ca
… n create connection, connect, disconnect, and remove a connection. The connection will show in the OS's VPN area for OSes that support that
- [x] Backend integration (TBD - authenticating purchase, etc)
- [x] Windows https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/15805
- [x] macOS https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/15810
- [ ] Linux https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/15817
History (pathfinding, proof of concept info, etc) available in the employee only issue:
Android is currently a WIP which is tracked with https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/12197 and https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/14048 - development done by @deeppandya
iOS is already live; please see https://github.com/brave/brave-ios/issues/2739 along with https://github.com/brave/brave-ios/pulls?q=is%3Apr+VPN+is%3Aclosed+sort%3Aupdated-desc
## UI Subtasks
- [x] [Add stub brave vpn button to toolbar](https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/17235)
- [ ] [Add Brave VPN to hamburger menu](https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/17244)
- [x] [VPN panel (logged into Brave Premium)](https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/17246)
- [ ] [VPN panel (not logged into Brave Premium)](https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/17249)
- [ ] [VPN panel (login expires)](https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/17253)
- [ ] [Detect and store VPN state after sign-in](https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/17254)
- [x] [Wiring up BraveVPNService with BraveVPNOSConnectionAPI](https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/17658)
- [ ] [Create vpn panel handler for webui to call and interface it with mojom](https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/17677)
- [ ] [BraveVPNOSConnectionAPI should detect OS's vpn status](https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/17679)
Android is also mentioned in the ticket.
It will be a very important update
Brave development team is really fast,Telling everyone about brave in my circle
Hello, just wanted to know if there is any update on the VPN in-build on the browser for desktop; could we possibly expect it anytime soon?
Progress is going great - we have the feature behind flags in Nightly and Beta, although it’s not public yet (restricted to our development environment). The functionality of the VPN works great on macOS and Windows.
Before we launch on Desktop, we’re wanting to make sure we have cross-platform support. This will mean that if you bought VPN on iOS or Android you can redeem it on Desktop, too. Also, you should be able to do the inverse (buy on Desktop, redeem on mobile).
This link on GitHub could help give some flavor to what’s left:
Not all of these are blockers for launch - but there are a lot of small details that we’re working hard to wrap up. Huge thanks for your patience and thanks for following up to ask about it
We’re currently estimating a Q3 launch