Add a VPN Brave Browser

I was wondering if why don’t you add a VPN on the browser. My friend toll me that on Opera GX browser, there is a VPN for free. It can be very usefull for the privacy and data privacy. If developers can see to add one. And it can be a good competition against Nord VPN.

1 Like

This will be good feature, I need sometimes to use VPN for privacy.

Brave iOS actually does have a Brave VPN. Their partner is Guardian VPN.

If Brave Desktop does get a VPN too, it will most likely be this.

1 Like

roflmfao I was actually suggesting Desktop might adopt the same VPN as iOS, since this topic was tagged Desktop Requests, but I guess Android should too.

1 Like

Developers are working on implementing Brave VPN on all platforms.

Android → https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/12197.

6 Likes

Unfortunately, since VPNs require significant resources on the back end, it really is a case of “you get what you pay for.” The vast majority of free VPNs leak like a sieve, are bandwidth-limited, or both.

Here’s a good review for the paid options. They don’t cost very much!

The idea would not be bad but I still prefer a vpn that covers everything that passes through my network adapter and not just the browser.

1 Like

It woult be great, but It could be hard to inplement

Why install a VPN without any need, because of it the Internet can slow down. I only use it to watch YouTube videos from different channels and different countries. I’m just curious to see how they react to some events. A VPN could help me bypass the torrent blocking in my region, but their sites have mirrors to bypass, like u1337x. I don’t see the point in using a VPN yet.

In spite of Rutracker’s suggestions that the Brave Brows has VPN function (to be able to visit Facebook et al), unfortunately, it does not… I wondered if there were certain settings in-built to properly adjust the Brave… Until I have encountered the hints that VPN is a paid function with the Brave…

Free VPNs do not respect your privacy, they make money with your data. It would be a bad move for Brave if they included a free VPN that they can´t fund and they have to resort to selling out users privacy. I don´t understand how people think free VPNs are funded, those companies are not charities, they make money with your data.

Opera’s VPN is quite slow, and many, if not most free VPNs are replete with data mining schemes.

Full-time VPNs require investment in significant resources outside the browser itself. Current VPN discount pricing is fairly competitive, so I suggest you be willing to pay Brave for the privilege of having a VPN which is actually both secure and private built into the browser!

Brave: I wouldn’t recommend it. The VPN market is fairly mature, and VPNs are best run as operating system services, not as an app in a browser.

Thumbs up, i’d love Brave to have a native VPN option with the flick of a switch, just like the shield funcionality, as well as native support to 1.1.1.1 I’m mostly concerned about circumventing censorship, not performance per se. Of course if i want premium features, and OS wide support, a paid alternative is the way to go, but for light use, the ability to just flick a switch on a new tab would be really great.

Making a comparison with other VPNs, I think brave is too expensive for the features it currently offers.
It doesn’t even motivate me to do the 7 day trial.