We've detected a problem with your cookie settings. No other solution working

Whenever i try to login to gmail google redirects to me to a link that says this : We’ve detected a problem with your cookie settings.

Steps to Reproduce-
1- Open Brave browser
2- Open google.com
3- Try to sign in

Actual result -

Expected result - Login

Reproduces how often: 100% of the time
**Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):**Version 0.63.48 Chromium: 74.0.3729.108 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information: I have tried all other solutions, like turning off my shields completely, allowed all cookies, clearing cache, data, cookies, browse history, everything. But it still doesnt work. I have tried closing and turning my browser back on too. This only happened after I logged out of my first account and logged into my second account (which it wont let me use)

Do you mean in Brave Shields or in the Chromium settings?
Since Brave uses both the Chromium engine and on top of it its own Shields, there’s two ways the cookies could be blocked.
I have all cookies disabled in Chromium and so I couldn’t log into my mail service even though I had allowed cookies for it in Shields. Only after I allowed them in the Chromium settings as well did my login work. Check:
brave://settings/content/cookies

Cookies must be enabled at least for Google and all websites that are involved in the login-process in both Shields and the standard Chromium settings.

1 Like

:thinking:…Hope u can find someone to help and fix the trouble

Yes, this has bit me on so many websites (including a community forum!) that I now keep Chrome open on my computer at all times. Very annoying.

OMG thanks that worked!

1 Like

Neat.
@Mattches et al.: that’s why I opened this topic a while back; didn’t get a response yet:

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.