Weird google search behavior (A Malware maybe?)

Description:
Whenever I try to search something on Google, I get redirected to this weird website vidcontrolmarch, which then gets redirected to Yahoo! search, where the results of my search are shown! Therefore currently I’m not able to search at Google in any way! The same thing does not happen with other search engines such as Duckduckgo, Bing, and so on. This also does not happen on the Google Chrome browser.
I know this seems like a virus or something, but scanning my mac with antivirus didn’t show anything.
As I’ve got important financial info on Brave, I’m highly worried about this issue and appreciate any kind of help.

How can this issue be reproduced?
I haven’t gone to any suspicious or harmful websites lately, so if this is some kind of virus, I’ve got no idea how my computer got it.

Expected result:
To be able to search on Google.

Brave Version: Version 1.21.77 Chromium: 89.0.4389.90 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Additional Information:
I’m using macOS High Sierra 10.13.6

Hello @Danial

try to clear your cache/cookies and disable all extension and if it work then re enable extension one by one till you get the one that cause the issue

hope that help and have a nice day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much @justsomeone1 ! Found the malicious extension, removed it, and everything works fine now.

2 Likes

you very welcome and well done :slight_smile:

1 Like