WebRTC IP Handling Policy

Hi My question is for the latest November 2020 Brave browser running on a desktop Windows 10 pro latest version. How do I disable The WebRTC Ip Handaling Policy? And should I disable it? Does it make web surfing faster. I tried disabling it but it just goes back to Default public interface only. So I’m wondering how to change this to public and private or disabled?

Thank you!!

Hello @Kinnyr90

check this

if you use voice/video chat service like many of chat app that has web interface you would need it

hope that help and have a nice day

Hi, Thanks for your info but I did this for the webRTC IP handaling policy I went into the settings and privacy settings and tried to change it to public and private or Disabled. But after I do this and I restart the browser it does not save the setting. So I’m wondering how I get the setting to save?

you welcome @Kinnyr90

what is your brave version and platform

if you change any other settings does it get saved or not after restart ?

Under additional settings - privacy and security - webRTC IP handling policy - select “Disable non-proxide UDP”. This will disable relaying webRTC information.
I have kept this setting from my installation never switch back to default on all editions (release, Beta and Nightly).
I have seen no problems on websites I regularly visit.

Hi I have Windows 10 Operating system Pro
Version 1.16.72 Chromium: 86.0.4240.183 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Yes it does save other settings just not this one that we are talking about The WebRTC IP handaling Policy. So not sure why it’s not saving to what I save it to. Why it deverts back to the deafult but it’s okay if we can’t come up with a way to fix this.

Hi, again

I just remembered that I have an exstention called WebRTC Leak prevent. And it’s disabled in there.

could you disable this extension and see if it has affect on the setting saving or not ?

Thanks for your help Much appreciated.

you very welcome :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.