Was using a VPN, stopped receiving ads since late-2021

Briefly describe your issue:
I was living in Japan for the past few years, and I used to get ads regularly. However, on more than a few occasions, I had to use a VPN to access certain accounts in the US. Since then, I no longer receive Brave ads (the pop-up kind).

I saw that this issue had been solved by others in the community, but I need the help of a moderator.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Version 1.37.116 Chromium: 100.0.4896.127 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
Yes

What date did you verify your wallet?
4/29/2022

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
Yes.

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
Currently, no. I was using it while I was living abroad, but I have returned home now.

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes, the United States.

I actually stopped using my VPN with Brave. I haven’t used it with Brave since I stopped receiving ads.

Yeah, I still get rewards from new tabs and Brave news.

I was thinking about disconnecting and reconnecting, but I was waiting to get verified with Gemini before I did so I do not lose my funds. Do you think that would fix it?

Is this a new policy? Because I received ads for years in spite of using a VPN, and then it just stopped one day. If there was an announcement, I missed it.

I had exactly the same problem. Just change the countries, but in my case my phone stopped receiving ads since more than a year. In my job PC i was flagged, i sent a DM to support guys and after one month i received again BAT for wallpaper, never got again a notification ad.

There are people that tells you that your vpn must match your country, what is valid, but is not a solution in cases like mine. My solution was to close Brave when need to enable vpn to connect to complany’s server and reopen Brave when disconnect. That’s very annoying for sure 'cause i really like Brave as browser but well is the only solution i can recommend since there is no announcement or solution to users that need to connect to vpn.

Good luck and hope you get deflagged soon

Thanks for the detailed reply.

I started doing the same exact thing (closing Brave when using a VPN, and reopening after disconnecting) after my account appeared to be flagged, but it hasn’t been enough for them to deem me as “worthy” again.

I saw that a number of people were able to get the attention of moderators in the community and then their replies stopped, so I assumed they were able to remedy the situation. That is why I started this post to begin with: so that a moderator will reach out and offer some assistance.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.