Wallet Connect not working since Brave Wallet update - Metamask

I updated Brave and tried using the new Brave wallet.

I first created a new wallet, and went on to try to connect it to Uniswap, Sushiswap or PancakeSwap, but in all platforms the button ‘Connect Wallet’ is not working when I click on Metamask.

So I tried resetting Brave wallet, and link/restore it to my Metamask wallet, also doesn’t work when I click on Connect Wallet on any site.

I tried setting it back to “Crypto Wallets (Depricated)”, and also doesn’t not work when I click on any ‘Connect Wallet’.

It appears that any website with an option to “Connect Wallet” is no longer working on brave when using Metamask.

Any idea how to solve this, or how to set it back to work with the Metamask extension?

Please help, I need to access Pancakeswap, Uniswap and Sushipswap, by connecting it to my Metamask.

Update with solution offered by sriram:

" IF you want to use MM make sure its set to Brave Wallet (Prefer Extensions) only then will MM be able to interact with Dapps. If you set it to Brave Wallet or Crypto Wallets (Deprecated) it will not work."

Note: make sure you restart the browser after changing settings. (Extra tip by BlackSheep00)

What is the setting set to for default provider. IF you want to use MM make sure its set to Brave Wallet (Prefer Extensions) only then will MM be able to interact with Dapps. If you set it to Brave Wallet or Crypto Wallets (Deprecated) it will not work.

2 Likes

Don’t work either !

Do we download a version of brave without its wallet / permanently delete the brave de brave wallet?

I need a solution shortly thanks!

It didn’t work for me either. I changed it to Brave Wallet (Prefer Extensions) an still nothing, it doesn’t link/open MM.

i restart my computer and brave and it worked the third time

try it

Courage

1 Like

Thank you, it worked me too after restarting the browser.

Does anyone find out how to switch between imported HW wallets? Previously it was just switch acc at wallet and it swapped at platform too. No when I swap wallet I can’t even connect it to the web 3 app.

Or does anyone know how to export in new version just the wallet, that I can import it to metamask? When you use seed from Brave wallet it won’t import wallets created in Brave wallet.

I’m so stuck now :frowning: