VPN Glitches, Rewards Reset, and Uphold Hurdles

Hey everyone,

I’ve been experiencing some frustrations with Brave Browser and thought I’d share my recent challenges in case anyone else is encountering similar issues.

Recently, I was using Brave Browser’s VPN feature, but it started glitching and wouldn’t turn on. After seeking advice on the Brave blog, I ended up deleting and reinstalling the browser to fix the VPN problem. Unfortunately, even after reinstalling, the VPN still doesn’t work, and to my dismay, my Brave Rewards got reset, which was previously linked to Gemini.

Now, despite being an early adopter with several devices using Brave, I’ve hit another roadblock. Brave Browser doesn’t support my region for connecting to Gemini, making it difficult to restore my previous setup.

Adding to the frustration, I’ve had past issues when connecting Brave Browser to Uphold. It flagged suspicious activity once, resulting in delayed payments without any backpay ( 3 months worth). Given these concerns, I’m hesitant to attempt another connection to Uphold, especially with the ongoing VPN problem.

If anyone has encountered similar challenges or has any advice, I’d greatly appreciate your insights. Let’s navigate this together!

Thanks

Regarding the reset of your Brave Rewards after reinstalling, it’s important to note that your BAT balance is stored in your connected account (Uphold, Gemini, etc.), so resetting your Brave Rewards profile should not affect your BAT balance. You should be able to reconnect the same account and see your BAT balance reappear in Brave Rewards. If you’re facing difficulties, backing up the ‘default’ folder from the Brave-Browser directory before reinstalling might help preserve your rewards data.