Visual glitches affecting links and different elements on screen

Description of the issue:
When anything on screen changes, visual artifacts appear, mostly affecting links but also preview icons, the link preview and some other icons on some sites, for example the verification checkmark on the bottom left while writing this or the youtube play pause animation. I added a screenshot to show this better.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. This first occured yesterday while updating my regolith installation from Ubuntu 20.04 to 20.10, I can’t recreate it on other devices.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Additional Information
I’ve tried recreating this in other applications with no sucess.
Switching Hardware Acceleration on and off did also not solve my issue.

Hello @thera

could you try in private mode ? if it work then the issue either with your cache/cookies so you need to clear it or the issue with one of your extensions so disable all of them then renable them one by one till you get the one that cause the issue

hope that help and have a nice day :slight_smile:

I appreciate your help but sadly neither worked. Clearing the cash didn’t do anything and I have yet to install any extentions I could deactivate.

if you do not have any extension then do not install anything let me ask someone from the team to help you @Mattches

and have a nice day both of you

@thera,
Can you please try creating a new browser profile (you can delete it later if you’d like) and see if you get the same visual glitches you’re seeing now in the new profile? Please ensure that when you test this, you only have the one Brave window – with the profile you just created – open.

1 Like

Just tested that for about half a hour and haven’t experienced any glitches so far.

1 Like

@thera,
If that’s the case then it’s very likely a caching issue or an issue with an extension installed in your other profile. Do you have any extensions installed and, if so, can you try disabling them and see if it improves performance?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.