Videos on iPhone 8 Plus are limited to 360p

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:
Youtube videos are only played at 360p. When I try to set the quality to 720p, I don’t see the option. Only 360p is available in the list. Even if the video plays at 1080p on my desktop computer. I noticed that on other browsers on my iphone, if i play the YouTube video while not being logged in my YouTube account, it allows me to play the video at 720p. The moment i log in to the YouTube account on the browser on the iphone, the max available resolution is 360p.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
1.65 (122)

Mobile Device details
Iphone 8 plus, ios 16.7.7

Additional Information:
The problem started to happen around a week ago.

Could you try going to YouTube and opening a video in a private window?

When I go to youtube in a private window, using “Aloha” IOS browser, I can set 720p video quality.
When I go to youtube in a private window, using “Brave” IOS browser, I can’t set 720p video quality. Only 360p.
Nevertheless, I don’t want to watch youtube videos from a private window, because I want youtube to later recommend me videos based on my watch history, etc.

Can you link the video? We want to debug it

Here is the video:

On my Windows 10 desktop, it is shown as 1080p video. However on Brave IOS it shows 360p max.

For me, Brave shows 1080P max for iOS.

Which IOS device do you use, iPad pro 2022 ? I am talking about an iPhone 8 plus.

Actually have an iphone 8 plus here, my main ios device. 720p on the select video.

I now uninstalled Brave, and reinstalled it, and when I go to youtube in a private window, using “Brave” IOS browser, I can now set 720p video quality. However, if I log in my youtube account, and try to watch the video, only 360p is available. @fanboynz , can you please try to log in you youtube account, and see if you can still choose 720p? ( From the screenshots you posted, it is visible that you are not logged in into your youtube account ).

• Under Media/“Highest Quality Playback” Allow over Wi-Fi (on my device)

When I logged in, same video on the 8plus:

I guess Youtube got tired of me watching videos without commercials on the iPhone, and thus they lowered my resolution on iPhone, when I log in with my account :frowning: