Verified creators showing as "Unverified Creator"

Briefly describe your issue:
Web pages that should be shown as “Verified Creator”, show as “Unverified Creator”, and I’m therefore unable to tip. See a screenshot for Brave.com below.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Brave 1.46.154, chromium 108.0.5359.128
Android 11; Build/RP1A.200720.012

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
No

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
No

Are you eligible for Brave Rewards (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes, I’m in Canada

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
Yes (See screenshot below)

Can’t replicate issue on Desktop or Android.

New Tab - Brave 1_10_2023 11_40_38

If you hit the Refresh button next to where it shows Unverified Creator, does it update/change?

1 Like

Thanks for your response. Yes, clicking the “Refresh” button fixes the issue for Brave.com.

Unfortunately, the refresh button doesn’t fix the “verified” status of all web sites. For example, no verified YouTube channels that I know of show as verified on my phone, even after hitting the “refresh” button. For example, the Brave Youtube Channel shows as Unverified on my phone, but it does show as Verified on my desktop.

I don’t know if it would help with the investigation, but notice the name of the channel next to the verified status on the desktop (“Brave on Youtube” - second screenshot), whereas on my phone, it only shows “Youtube” (first screenshot).

This works as intended, for now. Unfortunately Mobile devices aren’t able to work to show individual channels. Mobile is only able to see entire domains. This is something Brave is working on and hopefully will be fixed sometime in the next few months.

Thanks again for your response. I’m not sure I agree with your assessment though (or maybe I misunderstood it). Below is a screenshot taken from my girlfriend’s phone a couple of minutes ago, showing a Youtube channel as “Verified”, along with the name of the verified channel, for which she can send (and has sent) tips.

I was also able to send tips to Youtube channels with my own phone up to last November, and those channels did show up as “Verified”.

But the fact is I really don’t mind if only the domain shows. My problem is that no Youtube channels are verified on my phone, so I currently can’t send tips to any Youtube channels.

Let me put it this way, for years it wasn’t an option on Android. They had an issue for it and it was in the midst of being fixed. Thought it had another month or two before it appeared. I tested on some YouTube channels prior and they were coming up Unverified Creator so went with assumption still not fixed.

That said, I just went down a random list of channels and found a couple YouTube channels that are being seen. So I’m not sure when it got “fixed” and I missed it.

And perhaps part of what I got mixed up is the idea that Reddit and Twitter still aren’t integrated with it. (Saying as I just tested my own pages and not showing).

I’m going to tag @Mattches and @SaltyBanana to see if either can help make more sense of this all and correct me where it seems my information is a bit off.

Gotcha, thanks. Hopefully the people you’ve tagged will be able to see why I can’t tip Youtube channels from my phone. Thanks again.

Issue I’m referring to: not detecting YouTube channels in the tipping panel.

Question: Can you see if there’s a difference when you visit an actual video by a creator vs. when you just visit the page? For example, press on an actual video by Brave Software on YouTube (don’t just visit the channel’s page), wait a few seconds, then open the tipping/Rewards panel to see if it detects the channel properly and is tippable. @hemmjay

1 Like

Thanks for your response @chriscat.

Well, what do you know, after clicking on a video, the channel now showed up as being verified, and I was able to tip. I tried with 2 different Youtube channels, and it worked for both.

Thank you for your help, and thanks to @Saoiray for trying to help as well, I appreciate you both :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.