(v1.18.70 Changes) Brave ads received reduce drastically to 5 ads per day

Same issue here. Here is my screenshots of last 2 days. I only got 2 ads today despite actively using brave.

2 Likes

Would you be interested in, and available for, a remote screensharing session with somebody from our team to further investigate this issue?

1 Like

Hi,
For some reason after the update the Auto-contribute feature enabled itself on it’s own. I’m also getting 5 ads a day. Do you think deleting the “client.json” will help ?

1 Like

Please do not modify or delete any files; this will most certainly not help, and will likely only make matters worse for you. The best option is to join somebody from our team on a screenshare session to inspect your instance, or to wait for an issue to be found, fixed, and shipped. But again, modifying local files is not encouraged (very strongly discouraged).

2 Likes

Thank you for all the help you offered, we have resolved the issue which we are looking to add to the next release. Once again, thank you for reporting this.

17 Likes

In next release will we get more than 5 ads/day??

Yes. The issue has already been resolved according to this:

https://github.com/brave/brave-core/pull/7454

2 Likes

so now 40 per day ? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi, that is correct. The bug will be fixed in the next release. Thank you

3 Likes

thanks for correcting the issue.

2 Likes

ETA on the next release?

3 Likes

@tmfk The release is going through internal testing if all goes well very soon. Unfortunately, I cannot give an exact date sorry. Thanks, Terry

6 Likes

Thank you all!! looking forward to it!

2 Likes

everything is working fine now

2 Likes

Thanks for the brave team ! Started seeing ads again and not capped at 5 ads per day. :slightly_smiling_face:

Now I noticed another thing.

There was a bug or glitch idk when users were receiving only 0.010 per ad refering to this post

https://community.brave.com/t/how-much-you-are-getting-for-1-ad-i-am-getting-only-0-01-bat-for-1-ad

It’s happening again! Let us know if someone else notice this…

@tmfk @tmancey @hihouhou @mocah @evilman123

5 Likes

Can confirm the issue

From 2 of my browsers , one is not getting any ad at all since last 6 hours .
The other one is always having 0.010 bat per ad

i hope it gets solved soon

@xd003 @elson Hi, where are you located as ads have different values. Some are worth more, some are worth less. But I can check this for you. Would you be willing to screen-share so we can make sure all is working as expected. If so please reach out to me at tmancey@brave.com. Thanks, Terry

i appreciate your quick reply in this thread here .I am from India . i would like to clear it that its been 2 months since using brave rewards . For me it has always been like 0.010 ads occuring very rarely .Majorly it has been higher value ads ( like say 95% of ads ) . But contrasting to every other day , today literally each and every ad is fetching 0.010 bat per day which is quite abnormal . Even all of my friends are facing the same issue currently . The last time this same issue has happened on December 9 where all of us were not getting ads normally with constant 0,010 bat per ads few and far between . it had got resolved on its own the next morning , i didnt see anyone reporting it here probably cus noone noticed this issue but today it happened again so i made sure to comment it here . i will send you an email for screen sharing to help troubleshoot this issue

Another thread confirming this issue - 0.010 BAT for 1 ad now WHY?┗|`O′|┛

3 Likes

In from India too.

The same issue occurred before and many users reported

That post > https://community.brave.com/t/how-much-you-are-getting-for-1-ad-i-am-getting-only-0-01-bat-for-1-ad

So I think maybe the ads system has some issues!?

@tmancey Could you check the brave ad system if there’s any issue in coding maybe?