Uphold Account Linking Error

Is it the same wallet that was previously with Gemini that you are now trying to connect with Uphold? In any case, I will tag @SaltyBanana here.

Gemini and Uphold are their own propriety wallets. What I’m trying to connect to these exchanges/wallets is Brave.

I’ve tried today again and the issue persists.

In Uphold, my ID is verified.

@OhsawaSenpai It may be CDD or KYC as others mentioned, where they are requesting information. Also important is to make sure you checked your Spam folders in your email to make sure you’re not missing any messages Uphold might have sent. Just to make sure all is good on Uphold, try to go to wallet.uphold.com

The other thing might just be how you’re trying to do it. If you’re adding a new device, it’s a new wallet. Did you actually try to Verify or did you simply try to Log In? Lastly, if you have the Uphold app and it’s opening when you’re trying to link the browser, that can be an issue. I don’t quite know why, but it does seem to interfere a lot, so people often disable/uninstall the app during the process.

If none of that works, you may need to contact both Uphold customer service and @steeven (one of the Brave support) to see if they can assist. When you message Steeven, he’s going to need your Wallet info located at brave://rewards-internals from the device that’s having issues. I say message both that way whichever end the problem exists, hopefully they can get to you. It would stink if you reached out to Brave only to find out it’s an Uphold issue and vice versa.

NOTE
I know you’re saying your ID is verified. But sometimes they request additional information. That’s why a lot of times people suggest to double check. When we hear you say you’ve got the account and it’s verified, it’s not quite saying that you double checked or been told by Uphold there’s no issues. Sadly there have been people in the past who were insistent things were fine, only to discover there really was something. We’re not doubting you but just trying to make sure you’re verifying and not just going off the top of your head.

Tysm for the feedback!

KYC is verified yes, however, I do understand your point and I’ll engage Uphold support as well.

As for @steeven, should I message him directly?

@OhsawaSenpai yeah, I’d message directly. Just keep in mind they don’t work weekends. It’s Satuday night now. Then figure all the time reading and catching up with things from last week and what occurred this weekend…it may take a while to hear back. Just mentioning because I know some get frustrated thinking might hear back within 24-48 hours. I’d rather encourage the mindset it might be much longer and have the chance of being pleasantly surprised than the opposite.

I have the same issue
It always show up an error, but I have completed kyc on uphold

1 Like

I’ve contacted uphold support and I’m now waiting for their feedback.

In the meantime, I’ll also contact @steeven

Thx! Will keep this thread updated.

I’m getting the same error, I tried to clean completely my Brave browser, disconnect Uphold from Brave, still the same problem.
:frowning_face:

@OhsawaSenpai Never did hear back from you. Did Uphold resolve it for you or what’s the status?

Uphold support seems not to be able to help so far, I’m waiting for their feedback still.

I will update this thread once they get back to me.

@OhsawaSenpai I’m shocked it’s taking Uphold so long to get back to you. In the meanwhile, did you ever reach out to @steeven and @Mattches to see if they could help? Obviously making sure you provide your Wallet Info to him, which you can find by going to brave://rewards-internals?

In the end Uphold came back to me stating that everything is okay: my ID is correctly verified on their side and Brave is also correctly linked to Uphold.

When I spoke with @steeven he suggested I check the following steps: Unable to re-verify wallet - #117 by Klipahz

Maybe the error message that I get from Brave is actually misleading and the issue is indeed related to the limit of wallets per custodial account.

I will now perform those steps and let you know.

@OhsawaSenpai ,

It is not clear, re your Uphold status (re what @Saoiray wrote):

“if you have the Uphold app and it’s opening when you’re trying to link the browser, that can be an issue”

ty ty ty
It worked for me!

I actually don’t even have the Uphold app, so I don’t think this is the issue I’m facing.

Yeah, this has been a thing too. Though I never saw it appear with > You need a verified wallet to log in

Please try again after you have completed ID verification on Uphold.

If that’s the message you were still getting, I’ll have to keep that in mind as another thing that can pop up if you’re at the Wallet Limit. Hopefully you got that Wallet unlinking request form done and message(d) Mattches afterwards to give him a heads up so he can check on it. Fingers are crossed that your issue gets resolved soon. Thanks for being patient and keeping in touch overall.

Since I’ve submitted the form to remove 1 wallet from my custodial account, I’m still waiting for Brave’s support response.

1 Like

Hopefully @Mattches and the rest of the support team can get to our. Honestly I know some of those requests had been talking up to a month to handle. Good news is we should be getting removal of limits, or at least the ability to better manage our wallets, within the month or so. I heard someone say March 27 but officially they just said end of Q1 they were implementing and then couple weeks later available for all users.

Saying that, mean hopefully they get to you quick but you’ll have a backup option in a month or so if for any reason they don’t get to you first. I’m assuming handled way ahead of time but just mentioning options

Thanks for the update on that!

Having that control over our wallets would be amazing, I’m eager to see that implemented.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.