Updating brave lost all my open tabs - for the 2nd time!

Description of the issue: I updated Brave from the menu. The browser never opened back up after the update. After I manually opened Brave, all my open tabs were gone. The tabs/windows aren’t in my history menu either. This is the 2nd time it’s happened to me. The first time was around 1 or 2 months ago. I thought it was a fluke, and actually the tabs eventually did come back (perhaps on the next update? not sure), but now it’s evident it’s not a fluke.

How can this issue be reproduced? No idea, other than update Brave, and if Brave doesn’t open back up on it’s own, manually open it and you’ll see there are no tabs.

Expected result: Windows and tabs should open back up always and if they don’t, they should appear in the history menu. Perhaps during an update they should be put into the history and then when reopening Brave after an update, if something has gone wrong, Brave could either retrieve them from the history automatically, or I would at least be able to do it manually. And if something hasn’t gone wrong, then after the update it could simply remove the windows and tabs from the history menu.

Brave Version( check About Brave): Version 1.2.43 Chromium: 79.0.3945.130 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information: I made a comment in someone else’s github issue, which doesn’t seem to have gotten any attention: https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/7265

Happened to me also, with [Version 1.3.115 Chromium: 80.0.3987.87 (Official Build) (64-bit)]

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.