Browser tabs lost upon updating Brave

I’m using MacOS 10.13.6.

I just received an update notice and clicked “Install.” To my dismay, all of my 15 (or so) tabs were lost! Even “Recently closed” under “History” doesn’t include the tabs that were all active until Brave closed them during the update. FWIW, I have never had this problem with Safari, Firefox, or Chrome.

1 Like

Howdy, @bassrun. That is weird, especially losing the history and all. What version of Brave are you using, now? Go to brave://version in the address bar to see the complete version information.

Thanks for your quick reply. I am using Version 0.68.132 Chromium: 76.0.3809.132 (Official Build) (64-bit).

As it happens, while the update installation gave me a new, blank browser window, I was elated to find that the original browser window had not been closed out, so I was able to copy and paste the URLs from the old window into new tabs in the new window. But the new, blank window gave me quite a scare.

Once again, I had figured that updating would involve quitting Brave and starting up the new version. So I thought I’d need to use a “Restore tabs from last session” menu item. But that option isn’t shown in the menu!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.