"Updating Brave..." loops infinitely if you click relaunch while file is downloading

Description of the issue:

If a Brave update is available and the “Relaunch” button is prompted on the settings page and a file is currently downloading, and you click “Continue with download”, “Updating brave” will now loop infinitely and there is no longer a “Relaunch” button displayed.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

1. Have Brave update available and “Relaunch” button present
  2. Start downloading a file
  3. Click “Relaunch” while file is still downloading
  4. Click “Wait for download to complete”
  5. “Updating Brave…” loops infinitely and “Relaunch” does not reappear.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:

“Relaunch” button appears again so I can re-click it after the download completes or I cancel the download.

Reproduces how often:

I am guessing always, but I cannot reproduce unless I have an update available.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

Brave: Version 0.63.48 Chromium: 74.0.3729.108 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I have this since the last few weeks, and it NEVER goes away, if I select Relaunch and goto About it again says I have to relaunch, terrible

FWIW, and me personally, I’d never do a “download” activity while Brave (or any other browser for that matter) is updating itself : )

Of course, on my openSuse Tumbleweed Linux box, Brave updates via the openSuse updater tool (not within Brave itself). And on my Android, the Brave update happens via the Play Store.

BTW - is your Brave version REALLY “0.63.48”? … yea, I realize it’s on Mac, but my Linux version is at (Brave Dev channel) is 1.16.49 Chromium: 86.0.4240.55
and on Android, Brave Nightly 1.16.46 (Chromium 86.0.4240.55).

I’ve the same issue and it’s been like that since i’ve installed brave-nightly version…
Every time i hit relaunch it restarts and relaunch button is still there…
This is a bug that must be correct at once and should have an high priority @Bravesupport
My workaround is, i have in my desktop the brave-nightly setup and when the relaunch button appears i just close the browser and i run the setup. After that, it says Brave is up-to-date.