Can't Complete Brave Update

I went to the Brave “About” section to see if the browser needed to be updated as I just updated my Chrome browser. I popped up and instructed me to relaunch my browser to finish the update.

I clicked the Relaunch button and I continue to get this message:

Nearly up to date! Relaunch Brave to finish updating.
Version 0.61.51 Chromium: 73.0.3683.75 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I have now clicked that Relaunch button 4 times; I’ve even shut down that page and reopened the About page after relaunch and I am still getting the same message.

I am using the Windows 10 desktop browser.

How can I make sure Brave is updated properly?

Thanks!

1 Like

I’m having the same issue but haven’t seen any solution to it yet.

1 Like

@rpcvguate Thanks for reaching out!. Could you please restart the system and try again.

Revert back if it doesn’t fix the issue.

Thanks!

Me too with the same problems.

1 Like

Thank you! I have restarted my computer if that is what you were saying. I then clicked the restart browser button again to finish the install, but it still didn’t work.

How do I “revert back”?

I appreciate the help! :slight_smile:

Similar problem. Settings area has an icon change. Indicates that an update is available but couldn’t automatically update. Clicked the link to update, sent me to Google to install Google Chrome. Checked in the About Brave area, says Brave is up to date. Is Google trying to replace you or what?

Version 0.60.45 Chromium: 72.0.3626.109 (Official Build) (64-bit)

cc: @eljuno @Mattches

@rpcvguate @pirkiphat @Raualma2019 @cjk I assumed you all use Windows.

So, you can try:

• download the installer again from brave.com/download or if you still have a copy on your machine
  • then try run the installer. No need to uninstall. Just run the installer again. It’ll fetch the latest version.

Logged issue here https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/3328

@rpcvguate and others encountering this –
Can you check and ensure that you have no other Brave or Chrome/chromium processes running at the same time in the background?

@eljuno The solution to re-download Brave worked. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.