Unwanted Pop Ups

Well, in my case. I always had them. Nothing has changed for me at all regarding ad popups. And I mostly also only get them while I use brave actively or have the brave window focused(while watching youtube etc.

Its literally 1 second to see the ad, and click on close if you are not interested in the ad.

1 Like

well yea, because your OS hid them from you. If you dont see ad, you should not have gotten any BAT for em.
Now they fixed it. So now everyone sees the ads the way it was intended and probably the vast majority had before this.

Constant ads are good. I wish I had em constant. I have 10 ads per hour set. But it happens extremely rarely that I get 10.
I gladly take all your ad pop ups. will you give them to me?

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. I know, clicking on something to get money can be pretty rough. Good luck!

1 Like

Pop-ups came and Brave stopped blocking certain ads as well. This might kill the browser.

2 Likes

Look bud, I left my notification settings on like a good boy and saw my Push Notification Brave Ads as intended.

Now I, a loyal Brave supporter and practically a shill who has installed Brave on every single device my fingers have caressed whether it belonged to me or not, I’m being punished because of a few bad apples with popup ads that are far more tedious to dismiss than the old ones.

If I can’t change it back to push notifications within a month, I WILL find a way to entirely block them and keep receiving BAT, and the community will too. Stop pulling a Nintendo and trying to “fix” a “problem” that isn’t actually a problem or we’re all just going to emulate your games instead.

Users first. The way Brave was until now. Figure it out.

3 Likes

Well, that’s messed up as there’s no way this image
floating around is better than a system notification like this

That’s a really, REALLY bad way to implement it.

1 Like

Same here !!! What is happening here ??? FORCED AD POOP UP TAB???

Id love to see my ads only in interrupted way. In Windows 10 Notification panel only. I always make sure i click on all ads and open them if i want to - usually - yes i open them all constantly.

But definitely id like to see the not forced choice/ option like it was before.
Not like new one poop up ads where i usually click on new Tab to open bookmarks as i have hidden bookmarks to show me more screen on my 15" Laptop. ;//

Id like to have options like before.
As same on Android i like new feature with verified my PC account and synchronized it with wallet.
But Poop ups in New tab panel on Windows 10 are bit too much GUYS !!! especially for someone who is opening new tab to open bookmarks :(:frowning:

1 Like

@Mattches You don`t understand the narration of this topic by reading the main issue. Its all about this new Poop Up New tab AD notification.

By explaining it to those people who have this issue you are avoiding the solution or answer.

If i can be as English as clear to you and in the narration of the Topic - issue.

The problem is that new tab notification in Windows 10 is replaced Forcefully by Brave Ads.
This is in my opinion completely disrupting any activity on the Browser itself - especially if someone is using 15" Laptop and wants to have as used to be on Brave

1. Open New Tab to open hidden bookmarks - useful feature with i used to after switching from Chrome.

2. Option of gaining rewards by clicking on ads

• either if you have Windows Notification Pop UP or Windows Notification Task Bar

So i don’t understand why is this Forcefully implemented as this is disrupting any activity.

Ads should be gained by clik in my opinion if they have to be forefully implemented in New Tab.

Or like it was before.

This is now seriously Guys getting out of the control like all Corporations.

You`ve been doing good work since now when starting Forcefully implementing new things and regulations.

Please pass this email to someone who is responsible for it or may do any changes with this issue please

With Regards Rober

1 Like

sharing same feelings !!!

1 Like

@Mattches @robchio86

I always thought THESE where the ADS:
(the cool looking picture ads for wallets and such)

Now it’s fucking forced annoying popups?
I get it, it “always” have been popups which windows 10 could block and now you figured out how to unblock them. Good for you, not for us (THE LOYAL USERS)

As you can see from this thread Brave better choose to keep displaying popup ads or keep the users and the community. You literally going to lose 90% of windows users or stop them for viewing ads. We came to brave for getting rewards for PICTURE ADS as shown above NOT popup ads.

3 Likes

Seeing this, the top image, I have never seen. Only the ones with the “close” button.

Now that changes things. I see why this could be annoying.

As of yet, I still have to receive this type of pop up (without the close button).

1 Like

Its complete Forced Joke what to Expect from Globalistc developing software as probably that`s their new recent updated path. They have forgotten about all users who have chosen this Browser over others with a reasons !!!

??? what you talking about :frowning:

aaaand Rewards Disabled.

1 Like

Brave’s new custom ad notifications is a pain. I have not had pop-up windows with Brave until now. They are disruptive. For me, I have found the only way I can stop them is: image

2 Likes

Yea, IDK what the hell brave was thinking, but I’m uninstalling if this isn’t fixed in the next few days… any software that forces anything on me is dead.

I’ve turned off the stoopid ads and their pop-ups are still coming through.

For the record, I don’t give a F about BAT token or your ads… I downloaded Brave because I thought it was a privacy browser…

have you heard of ligma?

how about sugma?

because this is not how it’s always been… I’m about to uninstall this garbage if this isn’t fixed

Yea same here…

I disabled ads and the pop-ups are still coming through…

sad that brave implemented this I really like the browser before

2 Likes

Thank you all for the feedback.