Understanding cross-site tracking

Description of the issue:
Hi,

Could you please help us and answer the questions why some of the Brave users can not reach our website sikoba.com?

I believe it’s because of the cross-site tracking since our website is built on Wix.

Exact URL of the website in question:

http://sikoba.com/

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? (yes/no)

Not sure, I believe it depends on user settings.

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off?
yes

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no):

Probably

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome?

yes

Brave version (check About Brave):

Was an issue with Fanboy Annoyances list (causes the videos to be black). Fixed upstream. Not related to Sheilds, and works with Sheilds from what I see. So users of ABP and UBO extensions.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply, but could you please explain the issue better?

We are also using some trackers on the website like Hotjar and google tag manager, could problems come from these trackers?

Thank you in advance,

Margareta

Some trackers can causes on some sites, while others are okay. If a site binds certain functions/triggers to a tracker or adserver, this will cause issues if an adblock decides to block such a tracking assert.

But this specific site seems fine (tested with sheilds on, ubo=off), just retested to be sure.

Thank you for your help!

Have a great day,

Margareta

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.