Unable to Verify Wallet

I want to make a distinction for clairty, at least in my specific case.

I am not having any problems verifying my identity. I went through the ID upload process just fine and my identity has been verified by Uphold. The specific problem I am experiencing is that when I click “Verify Wallet” in the Brave browser, I get redirected to Uphold and told that my browser is now connected with Uphold (when in fact, it is not connected).

Thanks for sharing that link though – hopefully that will help people who are having trouble going through the verification process on Uphold before they attempt to link Brave to the account.

Now…

I’ve thought about trying a workaround, but have not done so yet because it sounds totally unnecessary (it might be helpful to some people, though):

1. Create a YouTube account
  2. Create a Brave Creators account, located here.
  3. Link the YouTube account in Step 1 with the account in Step 2.
  4. Verify your Brave Creators account with Uphold.
  5. In your Brave Browser, send whatever BAT you want access to as a tip to the YouTube account from step 1.
  6. Once you see the BAT in your Brave Creators account interface, you should be able to send it to Uphold and have access to it that way.

It’s not ideal, but it might be worth a shot. It’s a lot of additional work and pain to simulate a feature that should be working correctly in Brave, but I’m giving the devs a little slack here.

A support team manager said they are looking into this 7 days ago – we’re entering the holiday season now, and this does not sound like it is a super quick fix that is 100% reproduceable. There is probably some super weird edge case they need to find first, before they can even attempt to fix it.

That said – any update from Brave support regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated. Are you guys still looking into this? I would be happy to provide more information (rewards internal information) or schedule a time to screenshare, if it would help.

Many thanks.

1 Like

This didn’t work for me and exactly why I’m seeking support

Hello! For anyone here that’s still experiencing this same issue, can you please:

1. Type brave://rewards-internals into the address bar
  2. Copy information on this page and send it to me in a DM here on Community

I’m going to take a deeper look into this issue as there doesn’t seem to be any real solution.

Hi @Mattches, thank you for taking a look!

I have sent you a DM here on Community.

Take care.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ve sent you my info. Cheers

1 Like

Thank you both and again I apologize for the inconvenience.
We’ve actually set up a call with Uphold today to get this (among other things) sorted out as soon as possible.

Really appreciate your patience.

1 Like

Thanks @Mattches !

I understand that these are not easy problems to solve, so I really appreciate the open communication from you guys.

As always, let me know if I might be able to assist in any way.

Cheers.

1 Like

Having the same issue here on macOS.

Believe it may be macOS related?

I’m on Brave Version 1.0.1 Chromium: 78.0.3904.108 (Official Build) (64-bit)
macOS Catalina 10.15

I tried this functionality and it works fine on my Windows machine. I am able to verify my wallet no problem.

I contacted Uphold as my account was not even showing as having Brave as an authorised application on their platform. They said they forwarded on my query and details onto the technical team.

In the mean time, I created a separate Uphold account for my macOS machine but this has still not resolved the issue.

@Mattches - I’ve DM’d you with my rewards-internals details, hope it’s of some use

1 Like

This is not a Mac only issue as I’m also experiencing this issue on Windows 10. You might have just gotten lucky on your pc.

1 Like

Thanks for everyone reporting and providing the relevant info – apologies for the long wait time. There have been a lot of people out of office in both Brave and Uphold due to it being Thanksgiving. Promise I haven’t forgotten about you guys and really appreciate your patience.

1 Like

Thanks for the update!

I hope you guys had a great Thanksgiving and are enjoying your much deserved time off.

Take care.

I hope your week back after Thanksgiving wasn’t too crazy.

Does the Brave team have any updates about this?

This topic will automatically close in about a week, and I am wondering how I should keep the dialogue open without spamming.

Thanks!

Trying to get Brave Browser Verified to withdraw rewards.

Was instructed to create an Uphold account which was done. Verification for the Uphold account has taken place. Uphold support confirmed this action. Brave browser provides a link stating i need to verify my account. When i click on the link it takes me to my Uphold account, which has a message stating my account is verified. After contacting Uphold support I was instructed to contact Brave support.

1 Like

im having the same issue but But when i download brave dev it works just fine . i just want Bat from the original browser!

Finally got my wallet verified but I’m not sure if my fix is ideal:

Reinstalled windows 10, along with Brave, used the wallet recovery key to restore my wallet and the verification worked first attempt (with shields turned off on Uphold). It might work if you just reinstall Brave, but I don’t know, just make sure you’ve got your recovery key before reinstalling otherwise you’ll lose that wallet. I reinstalled windows for other reasons but it happened to solve this problem.

Provide honest useful content. I’m trying to resolve my issue. I just need someone from the Brave support to check issue out. Thanks

That is difficult to do in a thead that is closed. I am happy to make a new thread. Thanks!

Hello everyone!
I believe that the issue you’re all encountering is captured here:

The team has already issued a fix – it’s already been uplifted and pushed to the Beta build and you should see it hit Release build sometime next week.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you all for your patience.

2 Likes

Thank you @Mattches !

I will give it a try on the Beta build and mark your reply as “Solved” if it works out, for organization purposes.

Thanks again and to all of the devs. Have a great day

1 Like

Thanks for YOUR patience :slight_smile:

Extended the auto-close timer on this thread, so you shouldn’t have to worry about that now.

1 Like