Unable to Verify Wallet

We’re still looking into this. Can you try a cache clear / hard refresh on your Uphold dash? Just reached out to the team for an update.

I cleared all browsing data. Still nothing.

In my Uphold settings I can see it is “linked” from that side (screenshot below)…
I just don’t see why it isn’t linked or sync’d from the browser to Uphold.
Clicking ‘verify wallet’ in Brave takes me to my account - even if I log out of Uphold and click that link then login, this just takes me to my Uphold dashboard but the browser is still unverified.

I have tried clearing all browser cache + hard refresh on the Uphold dash and am seeing the same results.

Here is a screen capture, I hope it helps:

1 Like

Hi Brave team - any updates on this?

Has anyone worked out a fix to this? I am still disconnected from my Uphold wallet. Very annoying. Earning BAT tokens but what is the point if they are in limbo?

Yeah this has left me with a real bitter taste in my mouth, I had no idea Brave Customer Support was so bad when I installed it. All of the problems I have with the browser have already been reported in this forum and not been fixed, or even had an update outside of “we’re looking into this”. It’s buggier than Chrome, and the BAT system doesn’t work properly, why am I even using this browser anymore? This issue was first reported in MID OCTOBER and it’s still a problem.

fluke, thanks for your continued updates, I’ve been in the exact same boat watching this thread hoping that you’d get an answer, I’m glad I’m not the only one annoyed by this.

I don’t mean to call anybody out specifically, but it’s really not good customer service to leave us hanging on an update, tell us to do something that we’ve likely already tried, then not reply for a week while merging other complaint threads into this one.

Uphold’s customer support FAQ offers a better solution than anything that’s been posted in this thread, despite multiple people reaching out to their customer support and being told that it’s not a problem on Uphold’s end. Their fix didn’t work for me, but it might work for someone else.

1 Like

hi all, just saying i am also having the same issue of non payment, no support, multiple emails sent and posts made here too but nothing doing

the payments in my case were actually me buying tokens rather than earning through ads so it is actually my money which now appears to have gone missing

1 Like

I want to make a distinction for clairty, at least in my specific case.

I am not having any problems verifying my identity. I went through the ID upload process just fine and my identity has been verified by Uphold. The specific problem I am experiencing is that when I click “Verify Wallet” in the Brave browser, I get redirected to Uphold and told that my browser is now connected with Uphold (when in fact, it is not connected).

Thanks for sharing that link though – hopefully that will help people who are having trouble going through the verification process on Uphold before they attempt to link Brave to the account.

Now…

I’ve thought about trying a workaround, but have not done so yet because it sounds totally unnecessary (it might be helpful to some people, though):

1. Create a YouTube account
  2. Create a Brave Creators account, located here.
  3. Link the YouTube account in Step 1 with the account in Step 2.
  4. Verify your Brave Creators account with Uphold.
  5. In your Brave Browser, send whatever BAT you want access to as a tip to the YouTube account from step 1.
  6. Once you see the BAT in your Brave Creators account interface, you should be able to send it to Uphold and have access to it that way.

It’s not ideal, but it might be worth a shot. It’s a lot of additional work and pain to simulate a feature that should be working correctly in Brave, but I’m giving the devs a little slack here.

A support team manager said they are looking into this 7 days ago – we’re entering the holiday season now, and this does not sound like it is a super quick fix that is 100% reproduceable. There is probably some super weird edge case they need to find first, before they can even attempt to fix it.

That said – any update from Brave support regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated. Are you guys still looking into this? I would be happy to provide more information (rewards internal information) or schedule a time to screenshare, if it would help.

Many thanks.

1 Like

This didn’t work for me and exactly why I’m seeking support

Hello! For anyone here that’s still experiencing this same issue, can you please:

1. Type brave://rewards-internals into the address bar
  2. Copy information on this page and send it to me in a DM here on Community

I’m going to take a deeper look into this issue as there doesn’t seem to be any real solution.

Hi @Mattches, thank you for taking a look!

I have sent you a DM here on Community.

Take care.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ve sent you my info. Cheers

1 Like

Thank you both and again I apologize for the inconvenience.
We’ve actually set up a call with Uphold today to get this (among other things) sorted out as soon as possible.

Really appreciate your patience.

1 Like

Thanks @Mattches !

I understand that these are not easy problems to solve, so I really appreciate the open communication from you guys.

As always, let me know if I might be able to assist in any way.

Cheers.

1 Like

Having the same issue here on macOS.

Believe it may be macOS related?

I’m on Brave Version 1.0.1 Chromium: 78.0.3904.108 (Official Build) (64-bit)
macOS Catalina 10.15

I tried this functionality and it works fine on my Windows machine. I am able to verify my wallet no problem.

I contacted Uphold as my account was not even showing as having Brave as an authorised application on their platform. They said they forwarded on my query and details onto the technical team.

In the mean time, I created a separate Uphold account for my macOS machine but this has still not resolved the issue.

@Mattches - I’ve DM’d you with my rewards-internals details, hope it’s of some use

1 Like

This is not a Mac only issue as I’m also experiencing this issue on Windows 10. You might have just gotten lucky on your pc.

1 Like

Thanks for everyone reporting and providing the relevant info – apologies for the long wait time. There have been a lot of people out of office in both Brave and Uphold due to it being Thanksgiving. Promise I haven’t forgotten about you guys and really appreciate your patience.

1 Like

Thanks for the update!

I hope you guys had a great Thanksgiving and are enjoying your much deserved time off.

Take care.

I hope your week back after Thanksgiving wasn’t too crazy.

Does the Brave team have any updates about this?

This topic will automatically close in about a week, and I am wondering how I should keep the dialogue open without spamming.

Thanks!

Trying to get Brave Browser Verified to withdraw rewards.

Was instructed to create an Uphold account which was done. Verification for the Uphold account has taken place. Uphold support confirmed this action. Brave browser provides a link stating i need to verify my account. When i click on the link it takes me to my Uphold account, which has a message stating my account is verified. After contacting Uphold support I was instructed to contact Brave support.

1 Like