Unable to turn on Twitter browser push notifications

Posting two older topics that are related. Also posting a solution from the related Brave GitHub issue report that is still open and from one of the older topics. Many of the topics posted in the past reporting this issue were closed without a response.

Solutions:

Brave GitHub issue report
windows 10 desktop, all notifications still not working in brave browser #3235

mattspew commented Mar 31, 2021
Have you checked the system notification setting for Brave app?

Thought I add my two cents here after fixing my Brave notification issue.

I also had not been getting any desktop notifications and tried everything Brave related to fix it without success.

After reading this thread and this reply I decided to check my Windows 10 settings and it is now fixed. Nothing I’d read before prompted me to think it was a Windows setting.

Windows → Settings → System → Notifications & Actions → Turn on “Get Notifications from apps and other senders”.

I then used the the following website to test notification: https://web-push-book.gauntface.com/demos/notification-examples/

Community topic