Unable to sync linux computer to android phone

I followed what I thought were the complete instructions: I copied the verbal passcode provided by my phone to my computer. Nothing synced (I changed settings to sync everthing but still nothing synced). So then I tried going the other route and syncing my phone to my computer. The computer gives me a QR code and tells me to find the “scan QR code” setting in the phone, but there is none in the Brave settings under “sync” where it told me to look. Round and round…On top of this, there does not seem to be any way to log in to the new Brave browser on my computer.
THanks for any help.

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Delete the any text above the line separator below before posting

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Additional Information:

You forgot to provide this information :point_up::sweat_smile:

Sorry. Version 1.14.8 Chromium: 84.0.4147.105 <official build) nightly (64-bit)

I have a similar problem. I am able to create a QR code, but when the sync chain is created, only the device that I am using is shown.

Eg on my android phone (build 1.12.113), only SM-G960W (this device) is shown.

On Ubuntu (build 1.12.114), only the laptop is shown.

I have tried with the word chain method, with the same result. Verified that the word chain is exactly the same on both devices.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.