Description of the issue: Syncing from one Linux (Ubuntu) desktop to another does not work.
Steps to Reproduce:
- On current device go to the sync page
- Add new Device
- Choose ‘Computer’
- Copy ‘The Sync Chain Code’
- On new device click sync.
- On the Sync Setup page click ‘I have a Sync Code’ button.
- Enter the 24 word sync code copied from first device into the ‘Enter a sync code’ dialogue box on the new device.
- Click ‘Confirm Sync Code’
Actual Result: On the new device the confirm sync code button does not grey out to register once it’s been clicked. The sync link between machines is not created. The device showing the sync code chain page remains ‘looking for the device’. Nothing else happens on either device.
Expected result: The two devices sync.
Reproduces how often: Every time.
Operating System and Brave Version(See the
About Brave page in the main menu): OS: Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS | Brave Version 1.1.20 Chromium: 79.0.3945.79 (Official Build) (64-bit) | the OS and Brave version are the same on both devices.
Additional Information: Syncing works from the first device to Android mobiles okay. Trying the steps above with a synced mobile from step one has the same result.