Unable to remove cookies exceptions

Description of the issue:

I have some old third party cookies exception I want to remove but the delete button doesn’t do anything. The issue is exactly the same as this one that has been left unsolved : Can't remove sites from list of sites allowed to keep cookies

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Add a cookie exception
  2. Try to remove it
  3. It cannot be removed

Expected result:

The line should be removed

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Version 1.25.73 Chromium: 91.0.4472.106 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

Linux Mint 20

Unfortunately what you are experiencing is a known bug.

Clearing the browsing data for “Site and Shields Settings” will clear all cookies exceptions. The alternative would be the trick described in this comment: https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/12375#issuecomment-774566323.

P.S If you decide to resolve your issue by clearing the browsing data for “Site and Shields Settings”, make sure to check the global Shields settings. Unfortunately, there is another known bug that clearing the browsing data for “Site and Shields Settings” resets the global shields settings.

I’m glad to know that the issue is already known, however that doesn’t solve my issue because there is no fix for the issue.
Clearing all exceptions everytime I need to remove just one and add all the other back is not an acceptable solution at all.
So I’m afraid I can’t mark this post as resolved.

I agree with you, it’s somewhat a temporary workaround until the issue is fixed.

You might take a look at the workaround described in the comment below, might be a better workaround in your case.

https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/12375#issuecomment-774566323.

This works for me:
go the each of the websites in the list and make sure that shields are up for each site (use the red Brave icon at the right hand end of the address bar)
This removes each of those sites from the list.

Same problem here… Idk why

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.